Company: Health First
Posted on: January 4, 2019
Internal Medicine opening in Melbourne, Florida. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Health First Medical Group is looking for an Extensivist to work within our 400+ provider medical group. The physician will provide comprehensive care to Health First Health Plan members with highly complex medical issues. The physician will lead a care team which includes nurse practitioners, case managers, clinical pharmacists, registered nurses, medical assistants, and social workers in an effort to minimize the possibility of hospital admissions or emergency department visits, while increasing the engagement of our members in their healthcare.
Health First Medical Group (HFMG) is part of Health First, a healthcare Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) located on Central Florida's east coast and Brevard County's only IDN. Our IDN is comprised of several services, including four hospitals. Our largest hospital facility, Health First's Holmes Regional Medical Center, has 514 beds, is a premier tertiary referral hospital, and is the only state-accredited Level II trauma center in Brevard and Indian River counties.
Job duties include:
- Provide comprehensive care to HFMG patients with multiple complex medical issues as referred by HFMG primary care physicians or those recently discharged from the hospital.
- Manageable census to include care clinic referrals and urgent care walk-in patients.
- Discuss patients' conditions and needs with designated family members, primary care physicians and specialists.
- Coordinate and supervise patient care, including exams, tests, consultations and treatments.
- Supervise HFMG Advanced Practice Providers in same setting.Offer includes:
- Competitive salary – Retirement/401(k) programs.
- Welcome bonus and relocation allowance.
- No hospital coverage and no weekend office hours.
- Collegial work environment.
- Health, dental, vision, disability and malpractice coverage.
- No state income tax.
- Great public and private schools.
- Big city amenities with a small town feel, including a vibrant art, theatre, and music scene as well as outdoor activities such as boating and biking. We are situated just a few miles from several beautiful Florida beaches, and we are close to major airports, shopping and many Florida attractions.Credentials:
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine is required. Keyphrases: internal medicine jobs, internal emergency medicine jobs, internal medicine specialist jobs, internal medicine critical care jobs, internal medicine geriatrics jobs, internal medicine pediatrics jobs, pediatric internal medicine jobs
Keywords: Health First, Melbourne , Extensivist Physician, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!