Certified Nursing Assistant - HRMC, A5W Med Surg, Part Time
Company: Health First
Posted on: November 18, 2023
All candidates should make sure to read the following job
description and information carefully before applying.
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer
Experience, and Stewardship by providing superior quality,
competitive value and outstanding service by organizing unit
activities, coordinating and relaying information to health care
team members, patients and families in an accurate and timely
manner; and by assisting licensed personnel in providing direct
nursing care under the direction and supervision of a Registered
1. Delivers basic care to patients as directed in a clean and safe
environment, completing assigned tasks in a timely manner.
2. Demonstrates effective communication with other members of the
health care team and promotes effective team functioning.
3. May have access to IV solutions, authorized medications and
supplies as needed for patient care responsibilities.
4. Maintains a clean and safe environment; uses and cares for
equipment and supplies economically.
5. Collects, records, and reports accurate patient information.
6. Demonstrates dependability, reliability, and flexibility.
7. Competently performs routine procedures and assists other
associates to maintain productivity.
8. Provides service to patients and families with sensitivity and
respect for their needs, expectations, age, cultural and individual
9. Contributes to the patient experience as evidenced by positive
patient satisfaction scores as well as consistent performance of
purposeful hourly rounding and bedside shift report.
10. Demonstrates and makes suggestions toward the positive
financial performance of the unit.
o Currently holds a Florida certificate as a Nursing Assistant
o Has completed a Nursing Assistant course and is scheduled to take
the Florida State exam, and will obtain certification within four
months (120 days) from date of hire, or
o Currently holds a Nursing Assistant license in another U.S. state
and is seeking Florida licensure and will obtain Certification
within four months (120 days) of hire.
Certification: American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider
upon hire and maintain certification
o Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred
o Must meet unit-specific care requirements
o Must be able to speak/understand written and verbal instructions
in the English language
o Proficient in computer software applications
o Ability to work in often stressful environment with
patients/families at various ages and levels of understanding
o Ability to concentrate on multiple priority activities
o Ability to respond appropriately in life threatening
o Ability to think critically to solve problems or escalate for
o Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Moderate)
* Physically agile; may require walking, standing running, bending,
stooping, kneeling, climbing or crouching frequently
* Medium work that may include lifting or moving objects up to 50
pounds of force occasionally, with or without assistance
* May require moving self in different positions to accomplish
tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces,
including reaching out and above shoulders or over head
* May lift, turn, pull, push, or ambulate people and/or equipment
with or without assistance up to 90% of the assigned shift
* May be exposed to inside and outside environments with varied
temperatures, air quality, lighting and/or low to loud noise
* May require working with biohazards such as blood/body fluids and
airborne particles following OSHA and CDC Guidelines.
* Communicating with others to exchange information.
* Visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to perform tasks
* Workspace may vary from open to confined; on site or remote
* May require travel to various facilities within and beyond county
perimeter; may require use of personal vehicle
COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT/SKILLS CHECKLIST:
Must meet the Nursing Assistant competency assessment/skills
checklist requirements within three (3) months of hire and
Keywords: Health First, Melbourne , Certified Nursing Assistant - HRMC, A5W Med Surg, Part Time, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!