Physician, Emergency Medicine
Company: Brevard Physician Associates PLLC
Posted on: November 16, 2023
In the role of an Emergency Physician, you will provide
concierge emergency medical care to patients within our four
Brevard County Health First Hospitals. This is a pivotal role as
part of a growing organization providing seamless care to both
adult and pediatric patients. This position with the incumbent
serving as Full time Physician in the Emergency Department on duty
during assigned shift. Provide clinical oversight of Emergency
Department patients assigned to care. Provide emergency medical
services coverage responding to any medical emergency on inpatient
units or elsewhere in hospital during shift. Provide collaboration
to hospital staff working in emergency department during shift.
Schedule: Various shifts covering the facilities 24 hour shifts, 7
days per week
SUMMARY OF SERVICE DELIVERY EXPECTATIONS:
- Serve as Physician for Emergency Department patients with
oversight of care for assigned patients during assigned
- Assess, plan and direct care of assigned patients.
- Order and interpret diagnostic testing and imaging as
- Coordinate home care needs/orders with unit nursing staff/Case
- Perform documentation of services provided and clinical course
for Emergency Department patients in electronic health record.
- See patients, and enter orders, manage patient care and
document care in electronic health record each shift.
- Coordinate hospital admission of patients with NP/PA-C, MD
Hospitalist service. Document Bridge orders for patients being
admitted to hospital.
- Coordinate transfers of patients to higher level of care when
needed, obtaining accepting physician at transfer facility and
documentation of such in electronic health record.
- Provide medical screening exams to patients presenting to
Emergency Department.Performing medical evaluations and formulating
a differential diagnosis and treatment plan for urgent and emergent
care within the scope of emergency medicine.Leading the medical
management of the patients in our emergency departments by working
closely with a team of AHP's, nurses, and technicians.Documenting
your clinical evaluation and treatment in the electronic health
- Working closely with the Medical Director and other clinical
team members to ensure all policies are adhered to and that you
deliver quality care in an innovative setting.
- Ensuring best practices are followed so patients and family
members are comfortable, patiently and professionally answering any
questions they have and using patient-centered empathetic
communication at all times.
- Contribute to team effort by working collaboratively.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Superb technical skills.
- Comfortable with the emergency department and urgent care
- Ability to be adaptable and work in a fluid, multitasking
- Strong process and organizational skills.
- The ability to problem-solve and think outside of the box.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have successfully completed and graduated from an accredited MD
program and have completed all clinical requirements and
- Licensure as a Medical Doctor in the State of FL
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Emergency Medicine.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS certification required, ATLS preferred.
- DEA license required.
- Excellent clinical care and patient satisfaction in the
- Emergency Medicine, Board Certified or eligible (Required)
Ability to walk or stand for long periods.
Ability to move heavy patients and equipment.
Repeated bending, squatting, and stooping.
Normal or corrected vision and hearing.
Reaching and bending, including reaching above shoulder height.
Ability to lift, carry, push, pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
Ability to perform shift work including working 12 hour shifts
Ability to communicate with employees, patients and visitors.
Ability to remain calm under stress.
Ability to evaluate a situation and provide the necessary duties
and expertise to manage emergency situation.
Ability to assess, plan and direct patient care.
Ability to communicate well within the department and with the
Ability to communicate well with agencies who bring patients to
Emergency Department including EMS, Law Enforcement and other
Ability to communicate well with transfer facilities to obtain
services for patients who need higher level of care.
WORKING CONDITIONS HAZARDS
Exposures to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents
Exposure to extreme conditions, hot/cold
Exposure to dust/fumes
Exposure to moving mechanical parts
Exposure to potential electrical shock
Exposure to x-ray/electromagnetic energy
Exposure to high pitched noises
Exposure to communicable diseases
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens, and body fluids
Gaseous Risk Exposure
Use of a fitted respirator
PHYSICAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Well-lighted, well-ventilated work areas.
Work under stress and under the conditions that normally exist in a
Ability to work both cooperatively and independently, to work
efficiently under stress, to utilize sound professional judgement
in establishing priorities and intervening in urgent and emergent
patient care situations.
Ability to promote a positive public image of the Hospital by
communicating in a polite, tactful, and professional manner with
patients, families, visitors, and co-workers.
Keywords: Brevard Physician Associates PLLC, Melbourne , Physician, Emergency Medicine, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!