Surgical Scheduler Lead
Company: Health First
Posted on: September 19, 2023
To be fully engaged in using clinical knowledge and critical
thinking to ensure quality and patient safety in the accurate and
timely scheduling of all surgical procedures across the Health
First Integrated Delivery Network. The Surgical Scheduler Lead will
onboard and train surgical schedulers in addition to assisting the
Scheduling Supervisor in ensuring optimal quality and resolving
1. Primarily responsible for the onboarding of new associates to
the OR Scheduler role.
2. Ensures optimal quality of service and resolves customer issues
in the absence of the department supervisor
3. Accurately schedules all surgical procedures to include correct
type, duration and preference card per procedure and provider;
Assigns operating suites, equipment, preference cards and block
time to maximize efficient use of resources.
4. Ensures congruency of diagnosis and procedure coding.
5. Reconciles laterality issues (i.e., missing laterality).
6. Schedules and initially registers all modalities at Health First
facilities by phone, fax, and electronic orders; initiates any
follow-up with individuals or departments to ensure complete
7. Verifies all information is complete, legible, and correctly
signed by physician on required scripts prior to scheduling
procedures and, all clinical and demographic information is
correctly entered into the electronic medical record.
8. Obtains necessary scheduling, demographics, and clinical
information to schedule, cancel, or reschedule with a minimum of
call transfers, delays, or callbacks.
9. Documents any pre authorizations and prior approvals from third
party payers for all surgical procedures.
10. Achieves individual productivity targets, per IDN and
11. Exceeds customer (i.e., associate, provider offices)
expectations through personalized, respectful, and calm
communication with accurate and timely information.
--- Work Experience\:
- --At least five (5) years as a surgical nurse or surgical
technologist required, OR will consider four (4) years recent
experience as a surgical scheduler for a tertiary/trauma acute care
- --Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication
skills in the English language
- --Typing of 45 wpm
- --Demonstrated customer service skills
- --Ability to prioritize demands
- --Critical thinking skills to resolve issues
- --Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- --Knowledge of surgical terminology with accurate
deconstruction of complex surgical terms through word roots,
suffixes, and prefixes.
- --Demonstrated technological adeptness to work in multiple
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - Sedentary
--- Majority of time involves sitting or standing; occasional
walking, bending, stooping
--- Long periods of computer time or at workstation
--- Light work that may include lifting or moving objects up to 20
pounds with or without assistance.
--- May be exposed to inside environments with varied temperatures,
air quality, lighting and/or low to moderate noise
--- Communicating with others to exchange information.
--- Visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to perform tasks ---
Workspace may vary from open to confined; on site or remote
--- May require travel to various facilities within and beyond
county perimeter; may require use of personal vehicle
Keywords: Health First, Melbourne , Surgical Scheduler Lead, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!