Patient Care Coordinator - Dental Assistant - Melbourne
Company: Coast Dental and Orthodontics
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Assist dentist in providing dental treatment, care and education to
patients. Must possess strong knowledge and skill of clinical
needs, and working knowledge of back office dental procedures and
dental administrative functions. Must have Expanded Duties
Certificate and/or Radiography Certification upon hire or within
ninety (90) days after hire.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Awareness of delegable duties and functions allowed to be
performed by dental assistant.
- Assist in clinical procedures and treatments.
- Learn and comply with Coast's administrative procedures.
- Learn and comply with OSHA laws and safety guidelines.
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Learn and comply with state and Federal infection control
standards in the dental office and operatories, including but not
limited to: wearing protective barriers such as gloves, scrubs, and
eye wear; disinfecting and sterilizing instruments and treatment
areas; and disposing properly of contaminated or bio-hazardous
- Insure review and completion of documentation, including but
not limited to: accurate and current medical history, medical
alerts, and signed Consent forms.
- Document/chart all dental procedures performed during each
patient visit according to dentist's instructions and legal
- Welcome and escort patient in reception to and from the
treatment areas. Schedule appointments and assist in appointment
- Effectively provide dental education and information to insure
patient awareness of dental health and continuing treatment.
- Effectively present to patient in professional and confidential
manner dental treatment plan and proposed plan for continuing
- Understand and explain insurance benefits and financial options
to patients in nonclinical terms.
- Ensure operatories are appropriately equipped and stocked with
inventory and re-order when necessary.
- Maintain equipment protocols, including but not limited to:
clean evacuation system, lubricate and maintain dental hand pieces,
clean and maintain radiograph processors, monitor and clean
equipment, clean dental lab plaster traps and maintain clean office
- Notify Office Manager of equipment failure or general safety
- Assist with laboratory duties as necessary.
- Recognize signs of a dental emergency, and insure proper and
timely response and notification to patient, staff, and emergency
medical personnel when necessary.
- Understand and agree to maintain production standards.
- Effectively utilize and maintain a system of contact for
- Maintain professional working environment within office
- Attend and participate in morning huddles and regular office
- Adhere to uniform attire and basic personal hygiene standards
per Company policy.
- Attend continuing education and training seminars as
- Understand and abide by HIPAA regulations and maintain
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities
- Retain license (Registered, CDA or EFDA) and demonstrate
proficiency to perform expanded dental assistant functions
according to state guidelines and limitations. Qualifications
- Active Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA)
- Or if assisting in Florida, a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
license or Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) certificate obtained
prior to May 2009, according to state guidelines and
- Radiography licensure.
- Minimum of one-year dental experience preferred.
- Excellent customer services skills and verbal communication
- Ability to work in high volume environment.
Keywords: Coast Dental and Orthodontics, Melbourne , Patient Care Coordinator - Dental Assistant - Melbourne, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...