Surgery Center OR RN Melbourne Same Day Surgery, Part Time - Day Surgery
Company: Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Surgery Center OR RN Melbourne Same Day Surgery, Part
To be fully engaged in providing No Harm/ Quality, Memorable
Patient/Customer Experiences, and Stewardship by providing
outstanding nursing care with respect to patient expectations,
cultural, spiritual and age specific individual needs. This
includes the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of
the patient according to the standards of professional nursing
practice in the clinical setting.
* Associate supports engagement through adherence to the Health
First I CARE values.
* Quality/No Harm:
* Records/handles and labels the specimens obtained during
procedures and or stat blood draws accurately.
* Provides competent, concerned care to patients in a safe
environment including identification of right patient and right
procedure, right date of birth.
* Compliance with the Nursing Process as evidenced by documentation
of process and discharge planning. Demonstrating competency in
identifying and interpreting physiological reaction of the patient
and is able to adapt age related nursing intervention.
* Demonstrates effective administration of medications as evidenced
by: Preceptor Observation Tool and Clinical Practice.
* Demonstrates leadership in nursing practice across the health
care continuum and maintains education standards as required by RN
* Documents all nursing care, change in condition, response to
therapy, treatments, procedures and referrals on patient record to
* Utilizes Health First computer systems with regard to M-3
learning. Maintains educational requirements for CEU's and
* Customer Experience:
* Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education based on
individual patient's medical and/or nursing diagnosis with
sensitivity and respect for their needs, expectations, age,
culture, and individual differences from admission through
discharge in a respectful and confidential manner
* Introduces self to patients by name and position. No complaints
on the patient evaluation.
* Demonstrates dependability, reliability, and flexibility.
* Demonstrates ability to share workload evenly and complete work
in a timely manner, while increasing productivity as needed to meet
* Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
* Current Florida RN licensure or endorsement permit.
* Must hold and maintain current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider
Completion Card prior to start
* date. Certification as required by specific unit.
* Must meet unit specific care requirements.
* Must be able to speak/understand written and verbal instructions
in the English language.
* Must have visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to perform
* Must be able to lift, turn, pull, push or ambulate
patients/equipment up to 90% of the assigned shift.
* Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted up to 33% of the
* Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop up to 90% of
* Potential for exposure to bio hazardous waste, MSDS substances
and known or unknown diseases.
* Must have ability to work in often stressful environment with
patients/families at various ages and levels of understanding.
* Must have ability to concentrate on multiple priority
* Must have ability to respond appropriately to life threatening
* Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Must meet the Clinical Nurse competency assessment/skills
checklist requirements in accordance with the Florida Nurse
Practice Act within 3 months of employment and annually.
Keywords: Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center, Melbourne , Surgery Center OR RN Melbourne Same Day Surgery, Part Time - Day Surgery, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!