Interventional Radiology RN
Company: Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Interventional Radiology RN - Special Procedures, Full Time -
Eligible for SignonJob Description
The Cardiovascular Invasive Spec is responsible and accountable for
providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship.By
providing invasive cardiovascular, peripheral, permanent
pacemaker/ICD, and electrophysiology studies in a timely, safe and
efficient manner. The Invasive Specialist needs to be proficient in
all aspects of angiography, sterile preparation, assessment,
documentation, and monitoring consistent with the policies and
procedures of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and hospital
administration, with responsibility to adhere to all the rules and
regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies
and accrediting bodies.
* Facilitate implementation of physician's orders accurately,
promptly, and courteously.
* Assists the physician and anticipates equipment needs. Recognizes
potential emergency/life threatening situations and implements
preventative measures as directed by the physician.
* Demonstrates technical and manual dexterity during procedures
while establishing priorities for each task to be performed under a
* Recognizes and communicates the electrocardiographic/hemodynamic
changes to the physician and appropriate staff members throughout
* Files all patient data and films in accordance with the
established department system on a daily basis as observed by the
* Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patient's
condition during procedure and reports data to the appropriate
* Records temporary playback of procedure for initial, immediate
review by physician.
* Demonstrates ability to operate, problem-solve and improvise
common equipment malfunctions.
* Demonstrates ability to learn and practice new techniques and
equipment utilization by attending training sessions and
familiarizing self with new procedure revisions as they occur.
* Demonstrates and practices proper protection measures to insure
radiation safety to self, fellow employees, visitors and
physicians. Demonstrates and practices proper protection measures
to minimize risk of exposure to possible hazardous materials.
* Ability to perform all aspects of monitoring, recording,
scrubbing, and holding Room responsibilities with exceptional level
of professionalism and expertise. Ability to perform all aspects of
circulating, with the exception of Conscious Sedation/Narcotic drug
therapy as ordered by physician.
* High school diploma or equivalent-- Graduate of accredited
program in Cardiopulmonary Technology/Cardiovascular Invasive
Specialist or Respiratory Therapy/Radiological Technology/EMS-P
with at least two years of experience.-- Current RCIS certification
preferred.-- Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider
Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.-- Must hold
current AHA ACLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start
date and maintain.-- Previous Interventional Cardiology experience
preferred.-- Previous Electrophysiology experience preferred.
Keywords: Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center, Melbourne , Interventional Radiology RN , Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!