RN Intake Coordinator - Home Care, Full Time - Admission
Company: Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 21, 2022
RN Intake Coordinator - Home Care, Full TimeTo be fully engaged
in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship
by facilitating admission/ access to HF Homecare services by
coordinating the admission process.
* Adheres to all Health First Inc. and HF Homecare Policies and
* Reviews appropriateness of services with every referral.
* Closes out non-admit referrals per policy.
* Utilizes knowledge of regulatory (JCAHO, AHCA, CMS) as it applies
to the admission process.
* Maintains knowledge of clinical applications (such as SCM,
Horizon Homecare, Curaspan).
* Coordinates admission process by facilitating communication
between physician, insurance companies, pharmacies, staff and other
* Evaluates staff workload with input as needed from PI Supervisor,
and assigns referrals as indicated. Assigns field staff to
* Assures that pending referrals are updated with written
* Responds to community information calls as needed.
* Participates in weekend/holiday rotation for referral/office
* Coordinates the care of the patient through the admission process
and advises Inter-Disciplinary Team of patient admission needs.
* Assigns appropriate staffing level to referral.
* Coordinates case management with insurance company
representatives to ensure eligibility for services and
pre-authorization of care as required by insurance company to
facilitate payment of claims.
* Other duties as directed by supervisors/managers.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing, BSN
* Preferred minimum of 1-year Home Health Nursing experience since
* Current AHA CPR certification.
* Current licensure in the State of Florida as a Registered
* Two years acute care experience as a RN.
* Preferred knowledge of Medicare/JCAHO Regulations.
* Preferred knowledge of ICD9 / ICD 10 codes and Medicare/Medicaid
* Criminal History Screening.
* Excellent Typing/Computer skills including Word and Excel.
* Current Florida Driver's License, automobile insurance and
* Excellent communication skills.
Keywords: Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center, Melbourne , RN Intake Coordinator - Home Care, Full Time - Admission, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!