Registered Nurse - Emergency Room - MSSI - ED - Emergency Department
Company: Acuity International
Location: Cape Canaveral
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Registered Nurse - Emergency Room - MSSIOur vision aims to
empower our clients by actively leveraging our broad range of
services. With our global presence, we have career opportunities
all across the world which can lead to a unique, exciting and
fulfilling career path. Pick your path today! To see what career
opportunities we have available, explore below to find your next
Candidates selected for a position must provide proof of COVID-19
vaccination or have an approved reasonable accommodation request on
file for a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief
that prevents them from complying with Acuity's mandatory COVID-19
To request a reasonable accommodation form, email
Acuity International is currently seeking Registered Nurse
specializing in emergency room care to support our Middle East
program. This position provides medical support to personnel base
out of the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq. This facility services a
population of approximately 6,600 adults. The Registered Nurse - ER
maybe assigned to deliver health care and treat patients in one of
two settings: (1) Small medical/trauma hospitals, (2) Large
medical/trauma hospital. Nurses report to the MSSI-Iraq Program
Manager and are clinically supervised by the site medical director
and work under the direction of a Physician, Surgeon, or
Location: Deploying to Iraq
The primary responsibilities of the Position include the
* Provides medical services at the scope and level of a Registered
Nurse to preserve the health of employees and client personnel.
* Emergency Nurses treat patients in emergency situations where
they're experiencing trauma or injury.
* Systematically assesses the urgent or emergent health needs of
patients, analyzes data, and formulates a plan of care, with other
members of the medical team, which is realistic in relation to the
employee's capabilities and job requirements.
* Stabilize patients experiencing trauma.
* Utilization and understanding of how to use various medical
devices, such as catheters and feeding tubes.
* Recognizes and treats illnesses and injuries according to
established operating instructions within the scope of licensure
and regulations of state employment or practice.
* Records and maintains patient information in accordance with
standard protocols, and the Privacy Act.
* Identifies and records the signs and symptoms of physical and
* Thoroughly exercises skill in initiative, judgment,
problem-solving and decision-making daily.
* Makes independent judgments and prioritizes workload.
* Demonstrates proven success in stressful environments.
* Pursues professional development activities and continuing
education to ensure currency with present practices and trends in
healthcare and specifically in the practice of emergency medical
* Monitors reconciliation of financial transactions and ensures
contract charges are applied uniformly.
* Protects patients' privacy through confidentiality, infection
control procedures, assuring consistent medication administration,
and assuring proper storage and maintenance procedures for all
equipment and supplies.
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* Requires an associate degree from an accredited nursing school.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred.
* Hold and maintain an active and unrestricted Nursing License and
the ability to be favorability credentialed.
* Minimum of 1 years recent experience as an Emergency Department
* Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Registered Nurse.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and ACLS certification
* Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and
have excellent verbal and communication skills.
* Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as
with MS Office products required.
* Must be able to perform duties in a stressful and high paced
* Ability to adapt to sudden changes and flexibility in work
requirements to include potential shift changes based on
operational needs and/or command priorities.
* Strong problem-solving skills to research and resolve inquiries
and respond in a timely manner.
* Ability to work well with senior management and across functions
to achieve business objectives.
* Self-starter who is action oriented and possesses a strong sense
* All Healthcare Providers and medical support staff must have a
recent clinical experience in patient care for a least 6 months out
of the past year.
* Must have a current U.S. passport.
* Sign Foreign Service Agreement (FSA) prior to deployment.
* Ability to obtain a U.S. Government Clearance.
* Must meet pre-deployment physical requirements.
* No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective
equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor
and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that
would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up
to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or
protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
* Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of
* Location of services may at times be in remote, austere or
May require bending, stooping and lifting as required for patient
care and transport.
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job
Keywords: Acuity International, Melbourne , Registered Nurse - Emergency Room - MSSI - ED - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Cape Canaveral, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!