Posted on: September 18, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Nurse Practitioner provide consultation in
hospice or palliative care, symptom management and supportive care
to meet patient needs in collaboration with referring physician,
attending physician, hospice physician and the interdisciplinary
care planning team.
- Facilitate clarification of patient and family goals of care
and access to appropriate support models of care (i.e., hospice,
rehabilitation, on-going aggressive treatment).
- Assist with diagnosis, treatment and management of acute and
chronic health conditions.
- Educate facility staff, co-workers and the community on all
aspects of hospice care and the services provided by VITAS.
- Attend and participate in internal VITAS interdisciplinary care
- Consult with referring physician, interdisciplinary care team
and other involved providers to contribute to the patient's plan of
- Prepare and maintain accurate patient records, charts and
documents to support the hospice practice and reimbursement for
- After collaboration with hospice and referring physicians,
order diagnostics/treatments as needed and prescribe medications
including controlled substances, to the extent delegated and
licensed. Interpret, evaluate and communicate diagnostic findings
to the appropriate parties.
- Assist in development of clinical practice guidelines and
standards in support of quality hospice care as requested by
supervisor. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree, post-master's certificate or a doctoral degree
in nursing from a university accredited by the Commission on
Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or by the National League for
Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Current license to practice nursing in the state where the
hospice program operates
- Current National Board Certification from ANCC or AANP as a
Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) or Nurse Practitioner (NP)
EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Experience in hospice or palliative care, clinical oncology,
geriatrics, intensive care or community and family health
- Palliative care certification (NBCHPN) or hospice certification
(ACHPN -) preferred.
- Full participation in and completion of initial credentialing
must be accomplished; additionally, subsequent re-credentialing
will be accomplished every two years.
- Knowledge of the interdisciplinary team concept.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
#LI-MS1 About Us VITAS - Healthcare
is the nation's leading provider of end-of-life care, and has the
resources and expertise to support your personal and professional
growth. -As a member of the VITAS team, you'll find fulfillment
working for a people-focused organization dedicated to making a
difference in the lives of others. You will be more than just an
employee: You will be counted on as an expert in your field, and as
a valued team member whose efforts are respected and vital to our
hospice mission. All VITAS employees commit to fulfilling their
duties and responsibilities with the highest regard for
professionalism, collaboration and teamwork, and an eye focused
constantly on growth and improvement. We serve with commitment and
compassion, and position ourselves for the future by embracing,
innovating, and leading change. If you are that person, make your
voice heard-find your purpose at VITAS today. Benefits Include: -
Competitive compensation -- Health, dental, vision, life and
disability insurance- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care
flexible spending accounts- Life insurance- 401(k) plan with
numerous investment options and generous company match- Cancer
and/or critical illness benefit- Tuition Reimbursement- Paid Time
Off- Employee Assistance Program- Legal Insurance- Roadside
Assistance- Affinity Program Many of our positions offer the
opportunity to work -day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Choose a Career with VITAS
Keywords: VITAS, Melbourne , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!