RN Clinical Charge Nurse
Company: Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center
Posted on: August 7, 2022
RN Clinical Charge Nurse - A5W Med/Surg Telemetry, Holmes
Regional Medical Center, Full Time 7:00 am - 7:00 pmPOSITION
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Service
and Stewardship by demonstrating leadership through the assessment,
planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care according
to the standards of professional nursing practice. Nursing care is
provided to the individual patient based upon diverse patient
demographics and needs.
* Demonstrates effective medication management and administration
to patients as evidenced by preceptor observation and clinical
* Demonstrates appropriate delegation and supervision of patient
care activities within the healthcare setting.
* Demonstrates effective communication with other members of the
healthcare team and promotes effective team functioning.
* Helps to monitor the effectiveness of existing processes towards
improving quality outcomes.
* Recognizes and resolves safety issues and potential unsafe
situations within approved policies, procedures and protocol.
* Demonstrates consistently low risk behavior and support of the
Just Culture principles.
* Actively participates in the development and attainment of
department team goals.
* Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to practice standards, care
bundles and best practices in delivery of care to patient and
* Demonstrates effective critical thinking, prudent judgment and
direction to staff in nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning,
interventions and evaluation of outcomes, and adjusts plan of care
* Efficiently and effectively utilizes Health First information
systems to access standards of care, enter patient data and care
parameters, individualize plan of care and communicate with
* Completes yearly competency assessment and age specific
* Demonstrates effective and safe clinical practice as evidenced by
observation and feedback, leader rounding, performance coaching and
* Facilitates and leads effective interdisciplinary care transition
rounds and planning of care for appropriate utilization, care
transitions and safe disposition.
* Serves in a coaching, mentor or instructive role to nurse
interns, students and peers, etc.
* Effectively leads shift and post-event huddles.
* Participates and provides feedback to manager for associate ESU,
interviews and performance management.
* Demonstrates effective conflict resolution skills.
* Demonstrates a knowledge and effective application of emergency
procedures (e.g. Code Green, Code Silver, etc.).
* Demonstrates dependability, reliability and flexibility.
* Demonstrates personal accountability to use and cares for
equipment and supplies economically.
* Demonstrates understanding of LEAN principles and participates in
lean activities to reduce waste or improve processes (e.g. leads a
* Demonstrates an understanding and effective application of
staffing effectiveness principles and optimization of resources to
meet dynamic patient care needs real time.
* Demonstrates effective management of unit productivity in
favorable way by demonstrating good planning, organization and time
management (e.g. incremental overtime).
* Identifies and participates in activities to appropriately
improve patient throughput, reduce length of stay and prevent
* Adds positively to creating and sustaining a healthy work
environment and staff retention.
* Demonstrates a basic understanding of value based purchasing.
* Demonstrates and / or makes suggestions for the positive
financial performance of the department.
* Helps to facilitate patient / family engagement in self-care
through education and teach back as directed by the plan of
* Provides care to patients and families with sensitivity and
respect for their needs, privacy, expectations, preferences, age,
cultural and individual differences.
* Demonstrates consistency and adoption of "Health First
Connections" service standards.
* Contributes to the customer experience goals as evidenced by
positive patient experience scores and comments for department /
medical center and / or written compliments by patients /
* Consistently and effectively demonstrates compliance and
monitoring for department service standards such as purposeful
hourly rounding, bedside shift report and white board management to
* Actively seeks out feedback and performance coaching to improve
the experience for patients and families.
* Actively participates and assists the manager in the selection,
development and retention of associates.
* Serves as a coach / resource to peers, staff and other healthcare
* Resolves and / or facilitates resolution of patient and family
concerns and / or complaints.
* Serves as a secondary resource to address points of
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of professional
BSN required OR Conditional and time limited waiver for BSN
requirement may apply to internal associates who complete their BSN
within 3 years of transition to new role (grand-father provision)
OR external candidates may apply who are currently enrolled in a
BSN program to complete within 3 years of hire.
Licensure: Current Florida RN licensure or endorsement
Certification: Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider
Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
National certification in relevant specialty preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years of relevant clinical experience
Must meet unit specific care requirements.
Language: Must be able to speak / understand written and verbal
instructions in the English language
* Must have visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to perform
* Must have corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
* Must be able to lift, turn, pull, push or ambulate patients /
equipment up to 90% of the assigned shift (exception: IV
* Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted up to 33% of the
assigned shift (exception: IV Therapy = 15 pounds).
* Must be able to stand, walk, bend and stoop up to 90% of assigned
* Potential for exposure to bio-hazardous waste, and known or
* Must have ability to work in often stressful environment with
patients / families at various ages and levels of
* Must have ability to concentrate on multiple priority
* Must have ability to respond appropriately to life threatening
* Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Highly developed communication skills, verbal and non-verbal.
COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT/SKILLS CHECKLIST:
Must meet the charge RN/supervisor competency assessment/skills
checklist requirements in accordance with the Florida Nurse
Practice Act within 3 months of employment and annually.
Keywords: Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center, Melbourne , RN Clinical Charge Nurse , Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!