RN/LPN Unit Manager
Company: Avante at Melbourne
Posted on: May 11, 2022
This position is delegated the administrative authority,
responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your
assigned duties. -The position is also responsible for providing
direct resident care in accordance with established plans. - -This
position also supervises Clinical Nurses and Nurse Aides/Techs.
- Must be a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in good
standing and meet all applicable federal and state licensure
- Must be 18 years of age
- Completion of secondary education or otherwise show ability to
read and write in a legible and understandable manner.
- Must speak and understand English
- Must be able to supervise and instruct others.
- Previous supervisory experience or completion of appropriate
supervisory training program, or as required by state law.
- Must maintain current CPR certification.
- Must show proof of IV Certification (LPN Candidates only)
- Positive attitude toward the elderly. -Essential Job Functions:
- Act in the capacity as a Team Leader in a modified primary care
- Provide regular resident status updates to appropriate
- Supervises Nurse Techs/Clinical and participate in their
- Assist in the development and implementation of an
individualized treatment plan for each assigned resident. -
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation of Avante
- Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning
resident care. -
- Complete require documentation in an accurate and timely
- Assist in recruiting and hiring nursing staff.
- Provide supervision/counseling as needed to unit nursing
- Facilitate problem solving and open communications with the
unit nursing staff.
- Assist with completion of annual performance appraisals for all
unit nursing personnel, including competency checklists. - - -
- Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate
policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. -
- Monitor compliance with resident record documentation
requirements as directed. -
- Act as a resource person for nursing personnel and other
- Coordinate staffing schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Ensure effective interactions with patients and families.
- Ensure compliance with resident rights policies and work with
families and other staff, as needed to resolve grievances.
- Actively participate in the quality improvement process for the
facility. - -
- Must complete Supervisory Training within 90 days of hire.
- Schedule, conduct, and document regular meetings with direct
report staff to ensure effective communication. - -
- Must act as a preceptor and mentor for LPN and RN Clinical
- Attend and participate in care team conferences and/or other
meetings with other departments to ensure satisfactory resident
- Identify continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in
facility quality improvement and safety programs. -
- Participate in and/or provide in-service education sessions.
- Oversees Falls Program and Pressure Ulcer Programs on their
- Perform routine nursing services for residents as directed.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and
integrity in every interaction. -
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions
with co-workers, residents, families and visitors.
- May be required to work outside of normal working hours of the
RN Unit Charge Nurse Schedule inclusive of holidays and
- Must be able to work in a constant state of alertness and in a
safe manner at all times.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. -Other Job Duties and
Functions (performed in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner at all times): -Care Plan and Assessment FunctionsAssist and
participate in developing for each resident a resident minimum data
set and comprehensive assessment and written care plan that
identifies the nursing and medical problems and/or needs of the
resident and the goals to be accomplished for each problem and/or
need identified; encourage residents and their families to
participate in the development and review of care plans; ensure
that all nursing services personnel are aware of the care plans and
that care plans are used in providing daily nursing services to the
residents; and, review nurses; notes and monitor residents to
ensure that the care plans are being followed and that residents'
needs are being met.A. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Planning and
Inventory FunctionsRecommend the equipment and supply needs of the
assigned unit; assist in developing and monitoring adequate and
cost effective inventory control procedures; make periodic
inspections of supplies and equipment to ensure that adequate
levels are maintained and that equipment is available and working
properly; and, develop and implement procedures to ensure that
trained and authorized personnel operate nursing services equipment
in a safe manner.B. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Staff
Development FunctionsParticipate in in-service training classes;
implement and maintain orientation programs for new employees;
provide leadership and direction concerning essential principles
for nursing personnel; and, maintain professional competence, as
well as current licenses, through participation in continuing
education programs; and, assist in ensuring that all nursing
services personnel attend and participate in the Hazardous
Communication, Infection Control and Universal Precautions training
programs prior to reporting for work assignments. -C. - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - -Safety and Sanitation FunctionsAssist in
developing, implementing and maintaining safety standards, written
aseptic and isolation techniques, programs for monitoring
communicable and/or infectious diseases among residents and
personnel and procedures for reporting hazardous conditions or
equipment; monitor assigned nursing services personnel to ensure
that established infection control procedures, Universal
Precautions, needle stick follow-ups, established safety rules, and
fire and disaster procedures are followed; and, ensure cleanliness
of nursing services work areas, stations, preparation rooms,
treatment areas and resident care rooms. -Physical and Sensory
Requirements for Performance of Job Functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb
stairs; balance; lift and/or move equipment or residents; grasp;
stoop, bend, kneel or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell;
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
chemicals and materials;
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus;
- Always being able to work in a constant state of alertness and
in a safe manner. - -Education and Experience: --- - - - - - - - -
-Must be a Registered Nurse (RN)/ Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in
good standing, and meet all applicable federal -and state - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -licensure -requirements; --- - - - - - -
- - -Must be 18 years of age; --- - - - - - - - - -Completion of
secondary education or otherwise show ability to read and write in
a legible and understandable -manner; --- - - - - - - - - -Must
speak and understand -English; --- - - - - - - - - -Previous
experience in a supervisory -capacity; --- - - - - - - - - -Must be
knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures -and
laws, regulations and guidelines governing long-term -care; --- - -
- - - - - - -Must maintain current CPR certification. -Avante
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, Veterans' status, national origin, gender identity or
expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender, genetic
information or any other category protected by law. - -In addition
to federal requirements, Avante complies with applicable state and
local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. - -This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. -
-Avante expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based
on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, Veterans' status or any other category protected by
law. - -Improper interference with the ability of Avante's
employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline, up
to and including, discharge.
Keywords: Avante at Melbourne, Melbourne , RN/LPN Unit Manager, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!