RN - Merritt Island, Florida - Med Surg
Company: Care System
Location: Merritt Island
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect patient care,
supervises non-licensed personnel as assigned in the practice
setting, communicates with physicians and co-workers, as
appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including
results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology, and able to
respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response
- Ability to formulate and revise plan of care as indicated by
the patient's response to treatment and evaluate overall plan for
effectiveness, involving patient and patient's family when
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based
on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Demonstrates the use of critical thinking skills and problems
solving abilities in coordinating and supervising patient
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful/emergency situations.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an
interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs. --- Communicates
appropriately and clearly to physicians and co-workers.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and treats
patients/families with respect and dignitiy; ensures patient
- Contributes to the team concept and maintains a positive
working relationship, both within the department and with other
departments, assisting when a need is observed or requested, and
offers constructive suggestions for improvement instead of
- Documentation reflects current nursing standards and supports
policies and procedures.
- Is able to manage and operate equipment safely and
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of infection control
policies and procedures supporting standards of care. --
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and
behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.--
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited school of
Current Florida Registered Nurse Licensure or Compact State
BCLS certificate required.-- ACLS as applicable.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care
network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a
management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas,
Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals
and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the
countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards
for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple
urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial
behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management,
and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the
company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians
across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million
patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's
employed physician group, provides more than six million patient
encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals
in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including
Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio,
Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or
expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations
to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe,
carefully managed environment - with confidence and without
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point]
standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away
from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for
patient and colleague safety.
Keywords: Care System, Melbourne , RN - Merritt Island, Florida - Med Surg, Healthcare , Merritt Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!