Dietetic Clerk - Rockledge Regional Medical Center
Company: Sodexo Frontline
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Location: US-FL-ROCKLEDGESystem ID: 672653Category: Food
ServiceEmployment Status: Full-TimeUnit Name: ROCKLEDGE FOODUnit
Contact: (321)636-2211 Ext 3333Target Hourly Rate: Start Hourly
Rate $12.14Unit DescriptionSodexo @ Rockledge Regional Medical
Center is seeking for Full Time Diet Clerk to work schedule from
5:30 am to 2:00 pm including weekends and Holidays.Rockledge
Regional Medical Center is the leading, fully integrated and
comprehensive health care provider on the Space Coast. Our primary
care doctors and specialists prioritize preventive care and put the
patient first. They work as a collaborative team to manage chronic
health issues, so patients spend less time in the hospital and more
time with their loved ones leading healthy, active lives.This is
your opportunity to provide a great service to your community
during a national crisis.
- Your safety is our top priority - all appropriate PPE will be
- This position is considered emergency personnel and essential
to the health and wellness of the community.
- Top pay now and the opportunity for continuing work in the
future.Apply now for immediate consideration.Final candidates will
submit to additional preemployment screeningPosition SummaryThe
Dietetic Technician organizes the patient/resident's menus to
ensure accuracy of diet order, timeliness of meal service and
smooth foodservice operations. Responsible for the production of
meal tickets, nourishment labels and production tallies for
resident/patient menus. Responds to interdepartmental telephone
inquiries, maintains all office equipment and supply inventory for
nutrition office. The general responsibilities of the position
include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Prepares dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in
preparation of foods for hospital patients.
- Examines diet orders and menus received from hospital units and
tallies portions and foods of general and soft diets.
- Tallies quantities of specific foods, such as vegetables and
meats, to be prepared in kitchen.
- Marks tally on master menu to inform kitchen personnel of food
- Processes new diets and changes as required.
- Participates in tray line and food temperature monitoring as
- May calculate diabetic diets, using calculator, and following
standards established by Clinical Nutrition Manager or
- Communicates patient needs to appropriate staff while
maintaining patient confidentiality.
- May answer telephone and intercom calls and relay information
to kitchen concerning meal changes, complaints or patient
- May prepare and deliver formula and special nourishments to
- May visit and provide assistance with menu selection to
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 1 year experience in hospital or extended care facility.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Basic food-handling skills. License/Qualifications
- May require a valid driver's license
- Must be registry eligible for dietetic technician. Physical
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo Frontline, Melbourne , Dietetic Clerk - Rockledge Regional Medical Center, Healthcare , Rockledge, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!