Registered Clinical Charge Nurse - Operating Room, Holmes Regional Med
Company: Health First
Posted on: May 4, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No
Harm, Customer Service and Stewardship by demonstrating leadership
through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of
patient care according to the standards of professional nursing
practice. Nursing care is provided to the individual patient based
upon diverse patient demographics and needs. PRIMARY
ACCOUNTABILITIES: Quality/No Harm:
- Demonstrates effective medication management and administration
to patients as evidenced by preceptor observation and clinical
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation and supervision of patient
care activities within the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrates effective communication with other members of the
healthcare team and promotes effective team functioning.
- Helps to monitor the effectiveness of existing processes
towards improving quality outcomes.
- Recognizes and resolves safety issues and potential unsafe
situations within approved policies, procedures and protocol.
- Demonstrates consistently low risk behavior and support of the
Just Culture principles.
- Actively participates in the development and attainment of
department team goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to practice standards,
care bundles and best practices in delivery of care to patient and
- Demonstrates effective critical thinking, prudent judgment and
direction to staff in nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning,
interventions and evaluation of outcomes, and adjusts plan of care
- Efficiently and effectively utilizes Health First information
systems to access standards of care, enter patient data and care
parameters, individualize plan of care and communicate with
- Completes yearly competency assessment and age specific
- Demonstrates effective and safe clinical practice as evidenced
by observation and feedback, leader rounding, performance coaching
and patient outcomes.
- Facilitates and leads effective interdisciplinary care
transition rounds and planning of care for appropriate utilization,
care transitions and safe disposition.
- Serves in a coaching, mentor or instructive role to nurse
interns, students and peers, etc.
- Effectively leads shift and post-event huddles.
- Participates and provides feedback to manager for associate
ESU, interviews and performance management.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and effective application of emergency
procedures (e.g. Code Green, Code Silver, etc.).
- Demonstrates dependability, reliability and flexibility.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of professional
- BSN required
- Conditional and time limited waiver for BSN requirement may
apply to internal associates who complete their BSN within 3 years
of transition to new role (grand-father provision).
- Licensure: Current Florida RN licensure or endorsement
- Certification: Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider
Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
- National certification in relevant specialty preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of relevant clinical
- Must meet unit specific care requirements.
- Language: Must be able to speak / understand written and verbal
instructions in the English language PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must have visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to perform
- Must have corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Must be able to lift, turn, pull, push or ambulate patients /
equipment up to 90 of the assigned shift (exception: IV
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted up to 33 of the
assigned shift (exception: IV Therapy = 15 pounds).
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and stoop up to 90 of
- Potential for exposure to bio-hazardous waste, and known or
unknown diseases. MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must have ability to work in often stressful environment with
patients / families at various ages and levels of
- Must have ability to concentrate on multiple priority
- Must have ability to respond appropriately to life threatening
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Highly developed communication skills, verbal and non-verbal.
COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT/SKILLS CHECKLIST:
- Must meet the charge RN/supervisor competency assessment/skills
checklist requirements in accordance with the Florida Nurse
Practice Act within 3 months of employment and annually.
Keywords: Health First, Melbourne , Registered Clinical Charge Nurse - Operating Room, Holmes Regional Med, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!