Laboratory Systems Test Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 28, 2020
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact
people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.
Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human
discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people
who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join
forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity
and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable
drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not
only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a
Laboratory Systems Test Engineer to join our team of qualified,
diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne,
Laboratory System Test Engineer synthesizes customer contractual
needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges
technical, schedule and cost constraints. Develops and directs
preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures
and schedules for completing systems. Coordinates integrated
testing activities. Reviews and evaluates test requirements to
insure completeness of test program. Performs technical analysis of
complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform requirements analysis and decomposition including
developing derived requirements as needed to test the
- Develop test equipment and simulation requirements
- Develop Testability Requirements
- Support Systems Engineering to develop Verification Cross
- Develop Test Planning Detail Sheets
- Develop Test Plans and Detailed Procedures
- Support Test Equipment Checkout and System Integration
- Support Test Execution as First Line Troubleshooter
- Perform as the hardware responsible engineer for the subsystem
- Perform technical interactions with the system test team to
ensure system requirements are being verified
- Write Test Reports
- Support troubleshooting of issues discovered during subsystem
and system level testing
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in STEM and at least 2
years of experience; or must be majoring in or have a Master's
degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD
Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access
within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to
meet its business needs.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Computer
Science, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Experience in several of the following areas is required: air
vehicle lab testing, flight controls testing in lab environment,
leadership experience; systems development experience; knowledge of
architectures, Mission Systems, Mission Planning, Communications,
Data links, Computer networks, Sensors, Avionics, COTS hardware,
Integration, and/or Test.
- Experience testing manned or unmanned aircraft (via labs,
ground or flight testing) or similar system test
- Must be able to take instruction to develop, execute, and
maintain system test procedures for a complex
- Effective Communication: Must be able to convey the results of
the test both verbally and written to the management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of automated software testing methodologies and
- Demonstrated ability to meet very short deadlines and
multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to effectively lead a small
team through all phases of integration and test from design of test
philosophy to delivery to the customer.
- Demonstrated the ability to lead timely resolution of technical
issues by leveraging the appropriate mix of resources.
- Knowledge of the following tools, DOORS--, ViTech CORE,
Fundamentals of Systems Engineering, VISIO--, CPLM, and Automated
Testing (Python, C++, Java).
- Lab Test experience with air vehicle testing, Failure Modes and
Effects (FMET), vehicle management system testing, fuel, flight
controls testing, or actuator testing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Melbourne , Laboratory Systems Test Engineer, Healthcare , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!