Director, Systems Engineering Design Assurance
Posted on: October 6, 2019
Director, Design Assurance Organization
Job Code: SIS20191303-30495
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, Colorado Springs, Rochester NY,
Responsibilities include the oversight and creation of a new Design
Assurance Organization within Systems Engineering for the L3 Harris
Space and Airborne Systems business segment. The Director will be
responsible for leading an organization of senior System engineers,
overseeing Design, Architecture and Test processes ensuring that
programs are following best practices and processes required for
the successful execution of Space Hardware and Ground Programs. The
Director must be able to work closely with the Operations Team to
ensure all design procedures and processes are flowed correctly to
ensure flawless execution of Space and Ground Hardware.
Other responsibilities of the Director role are as follows:
- Ownership of the Hardware Qualification Review board and all
artifacts associated with ensuring that the qualification process
is adhered to
- Ownership of the Independent Review Team(IRT) Process and
setting the expectations of each IRT across SI&S. Director will
also be responsible for the follow-up and reporting of IRT findings
to the Vice President of Engineering
- Ownership of the Common Product and Process Change Review
Board. This involves the direction, identification and adherence to
leveraging core common space products and processes to ensure that
all changes to the baseline are adjudicated and approved
- Organize and run the Mission Success Review Board which defines
the process to manage issues that could potentially have an adverse
impact on the missions Harris supports. The MSR process establishes
a senior-level review board that will serve as the technical
conscience for the S&IS segment, with responsibility for
providing an independent risk assessment and go/no-go
recommendation for the mission. The director will ensure the
qualification plans and waivers put within the program plan are
aligned appropriately to ensure program success.
- Analysis of key pursuits to ensure they are aligned for Mission
- Document and Oversee the adjudication of Mission Critical
issues and provide Risk Assessments against current programs
- Ensure that a consistent approach and technical position is
established for common-product Mission Critical Issues across all
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's degree with 15 years of experience or Master's with
13 years of experience; or equivalent
- 5-10 years Space Systems Engineering and understanding of
hardware development processes related to Space Systems
- Experience Managing a large (> $100M) Space Qualified
Hardware program; or equivalent
- Experience with leading a functional organization, establishing
processes and organizational initiatives that have proven
effectiveness in Space programs
- Experience working and/or reporting directly to the President
or Vice President of a large corporation; or equivalent
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Minimum of 20 years experience with Space Based Engineering
tools and technologies.
- Minimum of 20 years experience in Engineering Leadership to
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and proactively implement
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrable
- Ability to articulate key message summaries to business
- Able to self-start and solve problems quickly.
- Good organizational skills, excellent problem-solving skills,
and a willingness to work with teams and individuals.
- Ability to learn new skills, meet deadlines, embrace new
technologies, and follow process.
- High energy and proactive; ability to manage in a dynamic
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to provide strategies to technically grow an Optical
Engineering Organization to support.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and sustain measurable
- Ability to coach, mentor and build relationships with external
- Self-starter; problem solver; customer focus.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas,
including strong executive communication and presentation
- High expectations for sustained excellence for self and team
- Proactively seek feedback and initiative to continually
This position requires the candidate to hold Top Secret/SCI
By submitting your r--sum-- for this position, you understand and
agree that Harris Corporation may share your r--sum--, as well as
any other related personal information or documentation you
provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the
purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all
employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity
and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful
discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin,
ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship
status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected
by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free
workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and
background checks, where permitted by law.
Keywords: L3Harris, Melbourne , Director, Systems Engineering Design Assurance, Executive , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!