Director, Systems Engineering Design Assurance
Company: Harris Corporation
Posted on: June 11, 2019
Director, Design Assurance Organization
Job Code: SIS20191303-30495
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, Colorado Springs, Rochester NY,
Responsibilities include the oversight and creation of a new Design
Assurance Organization within Systems Engineering for the Harris
Space and Intelligence Systems (S&IS) business segment. The
Director will be responsible for leading an organization of senior
System engineers, overseeing Design, Architecture and Test
processes for all S&IS ensuring that programs are following
best practices and processes required for the successful execution
of Space Hardware and Ground Programs. The Director must be able to
work closely with the Operations Team to ensure all design
procedures and processes are flowed correctly to ensure flawless
execution of Space and Ground Hardware.
Other responsibilities of the Director role are as follows:
- Ownership of the Hardware Qualification Review board and all
artifacts associated with ensuring that the qualification process
is adhered to
- Ownership of the Independent Review Team(IRT) Process and
setting the expectations of each IRT across SI&S. Director will
also be responsible for the follow-up and reporting of IRT findings
to the Vice President of Engineering
- Ownership of the Common Product and Process Change Review
Board. This involves the direction, identification and adherence to
leveraging core common space products and processes to ensure that
all changes to the baseline are adjudicated and approved
- Organize and run the Mission Success Review Board for S&IS,
which defines the process to manage issues that could potentially
have an adverse impact on the missions Harris supports. The MSR
process establishes a senior-level review board that will serve as
the technical conscience for the S&IS segment, with
responsibility for providing an independent Harris risk assessment
and go/no-go recommendation for the mission. The director will
ensure the qualification plans and waivers put within the program
plan are aligned appropriately to ensure program success.
- Analysis of key pursuits to ensure Harris is aligned for
- Document and Oversee the adjudication of Mission Critical
issues and provide Risk Assessments against current programs
- Ensure that a consistent approach and technical position is
established for common-product Mission Critical Issues across all
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's degree with 15 years of experience or Master's with
13 years of experience; or equivalent
- 5-10 years Space Systems Engineering and understanding of
hardware development processes related to Space Systems
- Experience Managing a large (> $100M) Space Qualified
Hardware program; or equivalent
- Experience with leading a functional organization, establishing
processes and organizational initiatives that have proven
effectiveness in Space programs
- Experience working and/or reporting directly to the President
or Vice President of a large corporation; or equivalent
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Minimum of 20 years experience with Space Based Engineering
tools and technologies.
- Minimum of 20 years experience in Engineering Leadership to
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and proactively implement
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrable
- Ability to articulate key message summaries to business
- Able to self-start and solve problems quickly.
- Good organizational skills, excellent problem-solving skills,
and a willingness to work with teams and individuals.
- Ability to learn new skills, meet deadlines, embrace new
technologies, and follow process.
- High energy and proactive; ability to manage in a dynamic
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to provide strategies to technically grow an Optical
Engineering Organization to support.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and sustain measurable
- Ability to coach, mentor and build relationships with external
- Self-starter; problem solver; customer focus.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas,
including strong executive communication and presentation
- High expectations for sustained excellence for self and team
- Proactively seek feedback and initiative to continually
This position requires the candidate to hold Top Secret/SCI
By submitting your r--sum-- for this position, you understand and
agree that Harris Corporation may share your r--sum--, as well as
any other related personal information or documentation you
provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the
purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by
fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS
programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Melbourne , Director, Systems Engineering Design Assurance, Executive , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!