Director Same Day Surgery - Full Time
Company: Health First
Posted on: September 9, 2018
The Director, Surgical Services Holmes Regional Medical Center oversees the Operating Room, Pre and Post Op, PACU, and Sterile Processing and is responsible for driving profitable growth and improving operations in terms of quality and processes. The Director Surgical Services HRMC is fully engaged in providing Uncompromised Safety, Superior Quality, Memorable Customer Experiences, and Financial Stewardship. The Director, Surgical Service HRMC reports jointly to the Chief Operating Officer of Holmes Regional Medical Center and the VP of Clinical Operations Integration at Holmes Regional Medical Center.
- Effectively communicates expectations and vision for top tier performance.
- Models and promotes our corporate culture of commitment to Engagement, Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience and Stewardship in all interactions with patients, families, associates, physicians, and payors.
- Accountable for maintaining harmonious interactions between department team members and their customers.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating goals and action plans for the surgical services areas.
- Maintains a positive, open and effective relationship with the Medical Staff, Hospital Management Team and all levels of personnel.
- Maintains technical expertise and continually develops leadership skills through ongoing education and training.
- Acts as a consultant, is self-motivated and serves as a strong team leader and coach.
- Demonstrates and promotes strategic thinking and drives problem-solving by empowering and supporting team members to assume responsibility and accountability within their scope of practice.
- Disseminates best practice information obtained from across Health First and from external resources.
- Recognizes, rewards and celebrates success.
- Proactively leads Growth & Development activities to exceed all National Patient Safety goals.
- Ensures a high level of quality patient care and overall customer experience through the Quality Management and Performance Improvement Plan.
- Provides performance tools and a system of accountability by proactively monitoring leading indicators for patient safety, comparing performance outcomes against top decile benchmarks, and ensuring action planning to continuously improve patient safety outcomes and customer experience. Escalates any concerns and barriers as appropriate to senior leaders at Holmes.
- In conjunction with senior leadership, works closely with finance, corporate resources and other operational leaders to ensure appropriate information is available to make sound operational decisions.
- Oversees and manages the development of appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the necessary regulatory agencies including AHCA, The Joint Commission, etc.
- Supports hospital and surgical services leadership in the recruitment and development of qualified and competent staff needed to provide quality care and service.
- Ensures ongoing educational opportunities are available for and utilized by staff and leaders.
- Monitors and trends Customer Experience and works with teams to identify opportunities to provide exceptional service
- Implements action plans focused on improving service line structure to facilitate a customer-centric model.
- Provides coordination of activities to maintain an environment that is conducive to the delivery of quality patient care, while continuously seeking improvement.
- Exhibits a visible presence in assigned areas interacting with associates, patients, and physicians.
- Coordinates patient safety rounds and shares feedback to empower associates to provide a positive patient experience.
- Maintains excellent relations with all external communities in which Holmes is involved.
- Represents Holmes as appropriate in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies, and similar groups.
- Accountable for practicing fiscal responsibility by developing and assisting in the development of realistic annual operating and capital budgets, conserving resources, and monitoring expenditures to ensure they remain within budgeted parameters.
- Provides leadership for performance improvement initiatives and deploys LEAN tools within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the surgical services strategic plan, and short and long-term objectives to ensure continued growth and provide necessary services to the community as approved by the senior leadership.
- In conjunction with senior leadership develops strategic goals and objectives designed to focus corporate energy and resources on the priorities that add the greatest contributions to patient safety, quality services, cost effectiveness, customer satisfaction, future financial viability, and revenue and income growth.
- Assists senior leadership in directing the primary energy and resources of the organization to raise the health status of the communities served consistent with the clinical benchmarks documenting the accomplishment of incremental targets.
- Analyzes outcomes of Holmes' surgical services and service line initiatives relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate actions are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Engages service line leaders, managed care, supply chain and other stakeholders to plan for emerging trends in terms of clinical protocols, technology, reimbursement, medical management and supply utilization.
- Works closely with the HF hospitals leadership, Director of the Community Hospitals, Director of MSDS & MGIC, HF Medical Group, and HF Growth & Development to promote and support the consumer efforts targeted to this region.
- The Director will provide input and recommendations regarding the expansion or addition of surgical services, gaps in services, equipment, procedures or practices that will build upon or improve operational or clinical efficiency, increase the quality of patient care, and reduce expenditure.
- Current, active State of Florida RN license.
- BSN required.
- Master's degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related required.
- A minimum of five years of surgical leadership experience with an impeccable track record of demonstrated success and expertise in engagement, quality performance, customer experience, and stewardship in both growth (e.g. volume, revenue, market share) and operational management (e.g. expense reduction & efficiency).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
Keywords: Health First, Melbourne , Director Same Day Surgery - Full Time, Executive , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!