Manager Programs 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: November 15, 2023
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a highly qualified,
training and agile oriented Program Manager to support our Global
Advanced Capabilities and Operations organization. The successful
candidate will direct all phases of programs from inception through
completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical
performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal
work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial
terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for
program activities, leading program review sessions with customer
to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Develops new
business or expands the product line with the customer. Establishes
milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules,
identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as
allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from
technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the
program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through
startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary
responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and
technical performance of company programs or subsystems and
include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop
further opportunities within the customer community.
- Developing new business opportunities through long term
strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals
and business plans
- Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses
customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and
external sub- organizations.
- Strong communication, team building and facilitation skills;
demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team, upper
management and customers.
- Leading and directing cross-functional teams to meet program
cost, schedule and technical performance objectives.
- Measuring and reporting program performance
- Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and
other program stakeholders
- Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract
changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones,
and key terms and conditions.
- Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts
for product research, development, integration and test.
- Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of
- Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of
- Establishment and management of the program and subordinate
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned
Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control
methodologies and tools.
- Identifying, allocating and managing program resources,
including workforce planning
- Managing Government/customer supplied property or information
(GFE, CFE, etc.)
- Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
- Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable
- Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope
and manages change through control board activities.
- Development and adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices
including identification, mitigation and realization
- Demonstrate understanding of program risk, opportunity and
issue management process. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years, or Master's and 8 years'
experience supporting U.S. Government contracts, and/or related
project management industry.
- 10+ years of applicable experience may be considered in lieu of
- 5 years of experience leading the performance of tasks on
schedule, at cost, and achieving all requirements as program
- 5-years of demonstrated success leading teams/and or
organizations to achieve a common goal
- Active US DOD Secret Clearance and ability to be granted and
maintain special program access.
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Experience
- Experienced with Agile methodology: Scrum, Kanban
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs including Word,
Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint
- Willing and able to travel up to 25%% Preferred Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in courseware development and/or training
- Project Management Profession certification
- Proficient in project management tools such as Jira, Tello, and
- Experience in contract negotiations Salary Range: $127,700 -
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Melbourne , Manager Programs 2, Executive , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!