Manager - Manufacturing, Ops & Assembly (B-Shift Mon-Thurs 4:00pm-2:30am)
Company: Blue Origin
Location: Merritt Island
Posted on: January 18, 2023
******B-SHIFT days and hours are Mon-Thurs
4:00pm-2:30am*******We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers,
and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of
safety. This position will directly impact the history of space
exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention
towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the
cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin's vision of
millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth! As
part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you
will oversee the manufacturing, assemble, and testing of flight
hardware for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the
team's impact on all aspects of transforming the way rockets are
made and operated. If you share our passions and vision, thrive in
a dynamic startup environment, excel on integrated cross-functional
teams, are experienced and skilled in several relevant technologies
(even if perhaps not in the aerospace industry), continuously seek
out opportunities to learn and improve, enjoy occasional travel,
and do not allow title or job description to limit the depth or
breadth of your contributions, then we would love to hear from you.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration
and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention
towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.We are looking for someone
to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and
commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight.
Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Build and manage the GS1 Integration supervisors & teams,
including developing resource plans and profiles, authorizing job
descriptions, conducting interviews, making hiring recommendations,
assigning tasks, and conducting performance reviews.
- Interface with area leadership to prioritize work based on
production schedule and organizational goals.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to engineering
- Develop and implement cost reductions processes and efficiency
- Implement and refine new manufacturing processes.
- Work with engineering to document and standardize production
- Collaborate with engineering to develop production ready
- Review work instructions and provide recommended changes where
- Assure continued training and skills development to attract,
develop, and retain great people.
- Setup new production work areas, including layouts, tooling and
equipment setup, etc.
- Assist with transition from development to production by
working alongside engineering to successfully transition the
- Forecasting and developing recovery plans for constraints
critical to vehicle delivery schedule.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects for area
safety and efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned or otherwise beneficial to fulfilling
the mission and vision.Qualifications:
- Direct supervision/leadership experience, working aerospace
development programs or production lines.
- Structure and Integration experience of Launch Vehicles: Fluids
and tubing install, instrumentation and electrical harness routing,
general Aerospace/Launch vehicle assembly
- Ability to interpret engineering models, drawings,
specifications, written work instructions, and test
- Ability to work effectively with a strong work ethic and close
attention to detail in a fast-paced dynamic team environment with
rapidly changing roles and responsibilities
- Basic computer skills such as Windows, Microsoft Office,
- Must be able to set a high hiring bar while evaluating and
hiring top talent
- Extremely customer focused with strong verbal and written
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams of
diverse skills across large geographic distances
- A continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we
are always optimizing.
- Work off-shift, extended hours, overtime, and weekends if/when
- Intense curiosity for understanding the details of our business
and how to optimize it
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and a proven
ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident
(current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as
a refugee or granted asylum.Desired:
- 10+ years in a direct supervision/leadership position, working
on aerospace development programs or production lines.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in aerospace, mechanical, industrial,
- Broad/deep scheduling and planning skillset
- Experience with large project controls
- Project planning and Integrated Master Schedules
- Proficiency with resource loaded schedules using Primavera
(P6), Open Plan, MS Project, or other software
- Experienced in handling large aerospace components
- Experienced in a team-based Lean Manufacturing environment
- Military experienceDon't meet every single requirement? Studies
have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless
they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we
are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic
workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past
experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the
job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just
the right candidate for this or other roles.Export Control
RegulationsApplicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S.
citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green
Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S.as a refugee or
granted asylum.Equal Employment OpportunityBlue Origin is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is
committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly
qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and
promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance,
and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a
workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all
employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team
members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and
employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other
terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue
Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal,
state, and local laws. For more information on "EEO Is the Law,"
please see here and here.Blue Origin will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in
Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and
Disability AccommodationApplicants wishing to receive information
on Blue Origin's Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring
a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the
application and/or interview process, please contact us at
EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.BenefitsEmployee Benefits include:
Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance,
short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company
match.Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition
to 14 holidaysDiscretionary bonus programs
Keywords: Blue Origin, Melbourne , Manager - Manufacturing, Ops & Assembly (B-Shift Mon-Thurs 4:00pm-2:30am), Executive , Merritt Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!