Product Support Center Team Manager
Company: Wabtec Corporation
Posted on: June 20, 2022
OverviewWabtec Railway Electronics, a leading supplier of
technology-based products and services for the rail and transit
industries, is seeking a Systems Engineer or Senior Systems
Engineer to join our team focused on development of innovative
Positive Train Control (PTC) products enhancing train operation and
- The PSC Team Leader for the DE Service team will be responsible
for safely leading a team of Repair Technicians and support staff
to repair products per Wabtec's quality standards. The PSC Team
Leader is not only responsible for overseeing quality, but also
ensuring that his/her team is working efficiently and effectively,
providing high quality product and customer service to Wabtec's
customers. The PSC Team Leader will report to the Onboard
Electronics Operations Leader. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will deliver critical services to customers including managing
repair and return process, ensuring technicians are trained and
equipped to deliver the highest quality of service while holding
cycle time at or below customer expectations. Ownership of
materials stocking processes to ensure the right part is always
available at lowest cost to the business. Drive key customer
- Responsible for knowledge of assigned products, their
associated configuration installations, and represents the most
direct access to all appropriate internal functions to support the
product. Supports product/program teams to implement new programs,
products, modify installed base, and execute warranty
- Deliver best in class remote technical support and after-hours
support to align with business goals. Maintain support delivery
systems and ensure PSC is always prepared to handle call volume.
Integrate with Product Managers and quality, sharing information to
improve product performance.
- Establish and maintain contact to provide on-going technical
and business support to assigned customers in designated geographic
- Drives development of productivity tools for the team, training
materials and guides.
- Responsible for building strong long-term relationships with
specific customers within the region.
- Determine root causes of escalations and develop preventative
action plans to avoid recurrence.
- Interface with SW Support Technical Managers, Engineering,
Professional Services, and Marketing to ensure timely, high-quality
solutions to customer reported issues.
- Ability to participate in an afterhours technical help line
working afterhours directly with customers.
- Monitoring and reviewing the work of staff members, including
conducting annual performance reviews.
- Ensuring staff compliance with ISO 9001
- Participate in hiring and recruitment efforts, including
interviews for employees in DE service department.
- Helps team members understand their contributions in support of
the broader direction. Continuously measures the completion rate of
personal and team deliverables and compares them to the scheduled
commitments. Effectively balances different, competing
- Other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors with
2 years experience managing teams (or a high school diploma/GED
with at least 6 years of experience in a field services or customer
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of time, work
afterhours and some weekends as needed. Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Strategic and creative thinking to analyze issues that may
arise and create solutions.
- Ability to respond positively to feedback and implement change
in process and procedures as needed.
- Proactively makes or recommends decisions based on in-depth
analysis; Able to define critical problems to be solved; Identifies
data sources required to execute analytic; With guidance from
manager, able to select and conduct advanced analytic
- Can follow processes without assistance. Recognizes variations
to the process and works to resolve independently. Can adapt to
gaps or exceptions to the processes and adjust accordingly. Ability
to interact with the customer demonstrating expertise and insight
and manage expectations.
- Instructs others on how to thoroughly analyze data and present
findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for
key stakeholders to make decisions, links analysis to overall
business objectives and strategies.
- Proven ability to develop and manage technical action
- Excellent organizational, customer relationship, verbal, and
written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Physical Demands:
- Employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Employee is regularly required to stand for 8 hours at a time,
with minimal breaks.
- Employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25
pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 35 pounds.
- Employee is regularly required to see and observe small
handwriting, labels, and components.
- Employee is required to be on site to supervise employees, and
the position requires the employee to be on-site during scheduled
shift to perform daily duties and responsibilities.
- Requires daily face-to-face interaction with employees in the
PSC. Work Environment:
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled
office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office
equipment. During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to
extreme cold or hot weather conditions.
Keywords: Wabtec Corporation, Melbourne , Product Support Center Team Manager, Executive , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!