PLM & Configuration Control Manager
Company: Space Perspective
Location: Cape Canaveral
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Space Perspective is founded to make meaningful human flight to
the edge of space accessible on an unprecedented scale. Spaceflight
and astronomy have enabled what are among the most significant
changes in humanitys self-perception, knowing our place in this
universe, Carl Sagans iconic pale blue dot, the space perspective.
Few endeavors are more meaningful than making travel to the edge of
space safely accessible to millions of people from every walk of
life. By all accounts, the multifaceted, transformative experience
of seeing the limb of the earth and atmosphere from space is
stunningly beautiful, stark, and profoundly moving.
The Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) & Configuration Control
Manager works as part of the Systems Engineering and Operation
(SysOps) Team. The position has responsibilities in all phases of
the system life cycle from requirements development and analysis
through operations. Specifically, the PLM & Configuration Control
Manager is responsible for developing and managing the PLM &
Configuration Control system from the early design phase through
routine Spaceship Neptune operations.
- Work with each of the Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to
determine the current and future PLM & Configuration Control
- Plan the PLM & Configuration Control system development and
coordinate compatibility/interoperability with other data
management systems in the company, i.e.: do it right
- Select and implement software tools as required.
- Implement the overall system as needed in anticipation of
overall needs and the vehicle and company develops.
- Take advantage of cutting-edge software tools and techniques
- Support implementation of processes and tools in all IPTs.
- Bachelors in a manufacturing or engineering discipline (masters
preferred) or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience implementing PLM &
Configuration Control Systems
- Ability to work well in an integrated, fast-paced, dynamic,
collaborative team environment and a willingness to work long hours
and weekends as needed.
- Practical experience in a complex operational environment.
- Extraordinary organizational skills with the ability to
prioritize and follow through on all work.
- Proven ability to lead in the management of multiple projects
while contributing to others.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with an emphasis
on interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and accessibility are necessary.
Space Perspective is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with
Space Perspective is governed on the basis of merit, competence,
and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by
race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran
status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any
other legally protected status.by Jobble
Keywords: Space Perspective, Melbourne , PLM & Configuration Control Manager, Executive , Cape Canaveral, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!