Assistant Branch Manager
Company: Launch Credit Union
Posted on: January 9, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for
assisting the Branch Manager with the administration and daily
operations of a branch office, including operations, lending,
sales, member service, teller functions and security in accordance
with credit union policies and procedures and state and federal
regulations. Actively promotes a sales and service culture, and is
responsible for ensuring branch goals are attained, as well as
- Achieves monthly and annual branch sales goals and member
service goals. Responsible for ensuring that production and other
strategic goals are attained.
- In the absence of the Branch Manager, assumes the duties of the
Branch Manager. Serves as Branch Manager in other branches during
- Ensures compliance with credit union policies and procedures
and completion of all daily work. Assists the Branch Manager with
training/mentoring new staff members.
- Assists tellers and MSRs with complex transactions, balancing
issues, and difficult member situations.
- Responsible for organizing, planning, and directing controls in
the operational and sales activities of the branch. Ensures the
implementation of operational policies and procedures, and that the
needs of the members are being met. Provides back up support to all
areas of the branch as needed, including lending, member services,
- Assists the Branch Manager with identifying employee training
and development needs, and participates in the coaching and
- Works with the Branch Manager to coordinate regular
motivational sales meetings and appropriate employee training.
Assists the Branch Manager in developing and administering employee
performance expectations. Under the advisement of the Manager,
coaches and/or directs employees when progressive corrective action
is necessary and ensures that appropriate documentation is prepared
and retained. Prepares and administers performance appraisals for
- Responsible for branch adherence to audit/compliance
requirements and enforces procedures at all times.
- Coordinates/monitors workflows and prepares staffing
- Conducts staff meetings.
- Works with tellers and MSRs to improve cross sales and
- Administers operational controls in order to minimize risk for
the credit union by performing surprise cash audits and branch
operational audits. Responsible for routine spot checks of loan and
member service documents.
- Reviews and tests security procedures/equipment and keep
employees up-to-date and trained in such procedures.
- Assists with opening and closing the branch.
- Acts as communication liaison between the other departments
within the credit union to ensure efficient operations and quality
service to the membership.
- Responsible for daily vault management, including ordering cash
and compliance with branch cash limits. Facilitates teller buys and
sells to the vault.
- Participates in community events, as available, to enhance new
and existing member relationships and opportunities in coordination
with the Marketing Department.
- Oversees branch tracking and adherence to Teller Performance
- Ensures all required branch compliance training is completed on
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required. Some travel
may be required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned by the Branch
- High school education or GED.
- Minimum of one year similar or related experience. Previous
supervisory experience preferred.
- A NMLS license is required within 30 days of employment.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, accurate, able to work under
pressure, adapt to change, and delegate.
- Analytical, decision making, time management, and
- Ability to successfully coach and mentor staff is
- Must be able to meet/exceed sales goals.
- Must be knowledgeable of credit union products and services,
including loan products. Has an understanding of the documentation
that is required for each loan and how to read a credit report.
Ability and willingness to refer credit union products and
- Knowledge of Notary and Medallion Signature Guarantee
- Proficient with the use of computers. Ability/willingness to
learn new technology and tasks.
- Has an understanding of the Truth in Savings Act (Reg DD), USA
Patriot Act, Reg. CC, BSA, OFAC, FACT Act, Reg. B and Reg.
- Medical Insurance ( available at reduced cost to employees
- 401(K) (First business day of the monthy following 60-days of
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
- PTO ( Paid Time Off )
- Tuition Reimbursement ( after 1 year of employment )Posted
December 16, 2020Employment Type Full-time, Non-exemptCompensation
Depends upon Skills and ExperienceCompany Launch Credit
UnionLocation 685 S. Babcock St.Melbourne, FL 32901US
Keywords: Launch Credit Union, Melbourne , Assistant Branch Manager, Executive , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!