Sr Electrical Engineer - Design Assurance Center
Company: Rockwell Collins
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Requisition ID: 15236
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a Sr Electrical Engineer - Design Assurance Center to join our team in Melbourne, FL (1050). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Do you have a passion for process improvement? Do you have the skills to collaborate with and help influence teams to think big and take data-driven action to address development challenges and successfully deliver high-quality products? If you're ready to be part of a high-performing team where you can use your personal leadership skills to make a difference on some of Rockwell Collins' most successful products, we'd like to talk to you about joining the Rockwell Collins Design Assurance Center (DAC).
We're looking for an experienced engineering professional who is interested in working together with others to achieve excellence in design and efficient lifecycle execution. This position is responsible for working closely with Hardware (Electrical) engineering teams to provide quality-focused technical and process oversight of product developments throughout their lifecycle. As a DAC team member, you will help ensure designs meet quality expectations, as well as customer, regulatory, and other requirements, and influence the adoption of engineering best practices to identify and eliminate defects before delivery.
This position requires the applicant to have demonstrated experience in development processes and methods, including planning, requirements capture/decomposition, implementation, verification, and validation, with an emphasis on hardware (Electrical) product/systems development.
The ideal candidate will be capable of:
- Establishing rapport across the organization, including leadership, engineering teams, shared service teams, and customers.
- Communicating masterfully both verbally and in writing.
- Assisting with engineering project planning activities to ensure plans account for program requirements and past lessons learned.
- Assessing proactively the health of projects using objective measurements and audits.
- Advising project teams and leadership of design quality trends and systemic issues, and of working with others to investigate, determine root cause, and recommend corrective actions to deliver high quality designs.
- Mentoring less-experienced engineers in the areas of design quality, process, and regulatory requirements.
- Developing a design assurance engagement strategy & plan, and leading the assigned DAC team to ensure effective and efficient DAC support to the engineering projects.
The ideal candidate will also have the following experience:
- Working knowledge and demonstrated application of DO-254, DO-160, and ARP-4754A standards.
- Strong customer focus.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated application of Electrical Engineering / System Engineering practices.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated application of typical Commercial Systems supplier requirements
Design engineering experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Hands-on experience as a HW (Electrical) engineer on a design & development project, including experience from planning through verification.
- Experience creating and following a documented development process.
- Experience leading and influencing others in a project environment.
- Experience using problem solving techniques to successfully solve a problem.
- Understanding of Systems Characteristics
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Rockwell Collins, Melbourne , Sr Electrical Engineer - Design Assurance Center, Engineering , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!