Network Engineer 3
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: November 9, 2018
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Network Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
- Design, architecture and implementation of complex networks. This position has an emphasis on E-2D airborne networks with the expectation that the candidate will grow as a member of the team and take on additional digital subsystem duties over time.
- This position will be responsible for configuring various network devices such as routers, switches, terminal servers, network accelerators and firewalls.
- Candidates should have experience configuring: VLANs, Static routing, dynamic routing (OSPF and BGP), multicast routing (IGMP and PIM), Access Controls and Quality of Service (QoS): Class-Map, Policy-Map, COS, and DSCP.
- Candidate should also be proficient with LINUX, and should have experience configuring the following servers: DHCP, RADIUS, TFTP and DNS.
- General duties for the candidate will include: development of requirements for flight critical avionics equipment, informal and formal testing of subsystem requirements in lab, conducting trade studies, working with software team to implement requirements, troubleshooting of hardware in lab, supporting flight test activities, resolution of flight test anomalies, supplier management, and responding to customer inquiries.
- The candidate will perform Cost Account Management (CAM) and provided direct input to Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of network or electronicsengineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of network or electronics engineering experience OR
- PhD Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience in design, architecture and implementation of complex networks
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Interim Secret level security clearance prior to start
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Cisco networking certifications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Melbourne , Network Engineer 3, Engineering , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!