Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Description: J ob Title: Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code: SAS2
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
The person filling this position will lead manufacturing related
activities on multiple programs with avionics and space
applications specific to cable harnesses. Will directly interface
with Quality engineers, Production Planners, Material Management,
Design engineers, customers, and support the production floor.
Responsibilities will include reviewing drawings, attending status
meetings, conducting Table Top Reviews, peer reviews, Manufacturing
Readiness Reviews, trouble-shooting issues on the production floor
with technicians and test engineers, perform RCCAs for any issues
that arise during the cable builds, and working with production
staff to teach best practices used for cable assembly
- Interfacing with design engineers to ensure hardware
producibility and develop build strategies
- Planning and requesting manpower/equipment/process
- Generating assembly documentation and directing support
personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing
- Candidate will assist with manufacturing efforts with formal
cost and schedule responsibilities and direct customer
- Support process improvement initiatives of technical and
- Design and develop manufacturing and engineering tools,
strategies and systems.
- Plan and support the build and modification of electronics
systems including procurement support, assembly method/work
instructions generation, tooling design support, material/process
development, facilities/equipment planning, and resolution of
manufacturing, quality and reliability issues.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and
make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or
existing product lines.
- Support the root cause and corrective action (RCCA)
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant
experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a
minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and
a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, electrical, aerospace or
industrial engineering with minimum of 4 years industry
- A minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience with high
reliability electronic assembly processes for Cable Assembly,
Electro-mechanical assemblies, and Chassis assembly
- Knowledge of MIL/IPC workmanship and performance standards
related to electronic assemblies IPC-620 and NASA 8739.4 or
- Experience in implementing lean/six sigma techniques (FMEA,
DFMA, DTC, DOE, and root cause/corrective action analysis).
- Previous cable MFG engineering experience and experience
writing work instructions/technical writing skills.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Background in the manufacturing of electronics for high
reliability military and government systems is preferred.
- Background in quality engineering is preferred.
- Background in developing manufacturing processes is
- Strong knowledge of MIL/ IPC workmanship and performance
standards related to electronic assemblies (IPC-620, NASA-STD-8739,
- Good communication skills including the ability to deliver
effective presentations to peers, management and customers are
- Demonstrated ability to find root cause of manufacturing
process problems, workmanship defects, mechanical test failures,
etc. is preferred.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Melbourne , Specialist, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!