Sr Mfg Test Equipment Engineering Technician
Company: Leonardo DRS
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Job ID:106188The Electro Optical InfraredSystems (EOIS) line of
business within DRS has locations in Dallas and Austin, TX,
Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA.EOIS develops, manufactures, and
supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers,
ground vehicles and airborneplatforms.We offer an exciting and
challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits
package, and a business culture that rewards performance.Employing
the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Job
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientist on complex
components, devices, material, products, processes and/or
- Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation
sheets, engineering specifications and sketches and running sheets
of significant complexity
- Interpret and follow written documents such as SOPs and safety
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements
applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal
regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain
- Assist in training new team members
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of
information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
- Raw material stock levels
- Compliance outcomes
- Diagnose cause of electrical, optical or mechanical malfunction
or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and
- Modify complex electrical prototypes to correct functional
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values
and culture of the organization
- Assist with the performance testing of products for product
- Assist with the software development and debugging of test
systems in multiple software tools.
- Assist in the build of the test hardware.Job Responsibilities
- Requires an associate's degree in a technical discipline or
equivalent experience in the field or in a related area
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership
- Experienced handling small delicate components, using ESD
- Soldering and wire bonding experience a plus.
- Must be experienced in the safe handling of chemicals.
- Experienced in the use of various computer applications,
including Access, Excel, and Labview.
- Experience with MRP a plus.
- Must have good mechanical skillsLeonardo DRS, Inc. and its
subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Leonardo DRS, Melbourne , Sr Mfg Test Equipment Engineering Technician, Engineering , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!