Diesel Mechanic - Space Coast Area Transit
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: January 15, 2023
First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Space Coast Area Transit! First things First: Who are we?
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet
management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981,
First Vehicle Services has provided efficient and cost-effective
vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school
districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports,
universities, and private organizations throughout the United
States. Diesel Mechanic Benefits We offer competitive hourly pay
(NOT flat rate) and benefits, including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
- Wages start at $23 / hour and can go up based on experience &
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain!
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Work with paperless shop technology on tablets! About the
Position As a Diesel Mechanic with First Vehicle Services, you will
help maintain and repair vehicles for Space Coast Area Transit to
ensure customer safety. Our fleet consists of Gillig transit buses,
Chevrolet cutaway diesel vans, Ford cutaway gasoline vans, and
diesel IHC Defenders. The shift for this position is 11:00 AM to
7:30 PM Tuesday thru Saturday, Sunday and Monday off. Other major
job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including brakes, suspensions, engines, drivetrains,
transmissions, and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications
- Valid driver's license required; Have the ability to obtain a
CDL within six months of hire.
- At least three years of automotive or diesel maintenance &
repair employment experience or a combination of technical school
education & experience.
- A/C experience is strongly preferred
- Mechanic's toolset
- ASE certifications are preferred. Must be willing to
participate in the company ASE certification program (company
training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
any reason. Get your career on the road with First Vehicle
Services! We aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Melbourne , Diesel Mechanic - Space Coast Area Transit, Engineering , Cocoa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!