Company: Melbourne Architectural Millwork Company
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Position: Millwork EngineerReports to: Project ManagerJob
- Alternating Schedule 7:00-5:30 Monday to Thursday, 7:00-3:30
Monday to Friday
- Flexible to work extended hours as needed.Job Summary:The
primary function of the Engineer position is assisting in
designing, developing, implementing, and analyzing technical
products and systems. May be involved in fabrication, operation,
application, installation, and the repair of products. The Engineer
will emphasize safety, quality, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness
to meet customer expectations and efficiently manage assigned
projects to meet deadlines. This individual will lead, coordinate
and actively participate in continuous process improvement
activities of productivity and first-pass yield, supporting the
Engineering Department. This position works closely with all
departments and multiple levels of employees.Supervisory
- Prepare clear and precise work instructions and CAD drawings to
ensure the production and manufacturing process is as efficient as
possible to meet customer's objectives and output goals.
- Collaborate with others, including internal teams and external
stakeholders, to ensure complete understanding of project
objective, integration process, and execution plan.
- Complete inspection reports with high attention to detail.
- Maintain project schedules to ensure timely completion.
- Meet technical, procedural, and schedule expectations of the
customer and the organization.
- Follow industry standards as they pertain to documentation,
policies, and expectations.
- Expected to continuously monitor and provide recommendations to
help foster continuous improvement across the organization's teams
and manufacturing processes to reduce costs, decrease lead times,
and improve quality.
- Work collaboratively with junior level engineers, designers,
and other employees.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with prospective and
- Maintains knowledge of new and developing manufacturing
technology, equipment, and applications; applies this knowledge to
recommend and implement new technology and processes.
- Build organizational talent through mentoring engineering
department staff to achieve their professional development goals
and execute applicable cross-training plans.
- Additional duties might be assigned.Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Cross-functional collaboration skills, with the ability to lead
the team to tackle problems across the enterprise.
- Familiarity with project management and planning.
- Good time management skills, and the ability to meet
- Attention to detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Possess a strong understanding of drafting principles,
mechanical drawings, geometric dimensioning as it relates to
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Router Sim, and Cabinet Vision.
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Analytical thinking skills: analyzing information and using
logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software; Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, electrical or manufacturing
- 3+ years working as an Engineer in the industry
- Experience utilizing AutoCAD required.Accountabilities:
- Achieve production/productivity goals.
- Achieve deadlines (production, reporting).
- Achieve quality standards within acceptable limits (first-pass
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Office environment
- The noise level in the work environment may be moderately
Keywords: Melbourne Architectural Millwork Company, Melbourne , Millwork Engineer, Engineering , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!