Quality Engineer (Manufacturing)
Company: Sun Nuclear Corporation
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Product Quality Engineer is responsible for managing design
and production relationships to ensure product integrity and
continuously improve manufacturing performance and customer
satisfaction throughout the life cycle of Sun Nuclear Corporation
(SNC) products. Responsibilities also includes improving the
Quality Management System, and general quality support in both
development and production environments. Key Areas of
- Manage design and production relationships to ensure product
integrity and continuously improve manufacturing performance.
- Partner cross-functionally within Operations as well as with
R&D to drive continuous improvement, eliminate known issues,
and reduce potential risks.
- Provide guidance to Quality Inspectors, conduct product
inspections, and process audits.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining procedures
and manuals for the Quality Management System.
- Identify and lead Continuous Improvement opportunities, such as
Lean Process Improvements (elimination of waste), 5S Improvements,
and Mistake Proofing.
- Manage nonconforming material including
containment/communication, dispositioning, approval, and timely
- Analyze and report on quality metrics (ex: Quality KPIs) to
identify trending issues and develop improvement
- Participate in and drive adequate Root Cause & Corrective
Action (RCCA) for necessary hardware and process issues.
- Review and analyze product designs and critical requirements to
identify and minimize potential manufacturing risks through mistake
proofing, process controls and inspection methods.
- Bachelor's degree in either Industrial Engineering,
Quality/Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or
similar technical field, with a minimum of 5 years Quality related
- Lean and/or Six Sigma experience (Six Sigma Greenbelt or
Blackbelt certified is preferred).
- Exceptional problem-solving skills are a must. Working
knowledge and experience in effective problem-solving methods for
Root Cause / Corrective Acton (RCCA) and investigative techniques
such as 5-Why analysis, Fishbone Diagram, 8D method, and data
- Basic understanding of risk assessment techniques such as
DFMEA/PFMEA, Control plans, and SPC.
- Ability to perform trend analysis and transform data into
information to assist leadership into making impactful
- Familiar with IPC, ISO, and FDA standards.
- Capable of interpreting mechanical drawings (machined, cast,
and injection molded parts).
- Working knowledge and understanding of GD&T (Geometric
Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Experience with First Article Inspections (FAI).
- Proficient in data automation and metric development through
applications such as Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Proficient in the use of manual and visual inspection
Keywords: Sun Nuclear Corporation, Melbourne , Quality Engineer (Manufacturing), Engineering , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!