Network Planning Engineer 5422
Company: TCI Technology Consulting Inc
Posted on: June 22, 2022
TCI has an immediate need for a Network Planning Engineer in
Melbourne, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a
long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In
addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all
our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k,
Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public
Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
The Network Engineer will support our Government/Military client in
the role of Service Activation Engineer (SAC). As a SAC, candidate
will provide supervision of FTI equipment and service order
installation and activation. The candidate will collaborate with
internal and external teams and work independently implementing
scheduled network maintenance events. Other tasks include managing
special projects supporting program requirements.
- Execute and document formal acceptance testing of FTI products
and services per program requirements.
- Knowledge of FTI Telecommunications equipment installation,
configuration and testing standards including TDM, PDH, SDH, SONET,
and IP network architecture.
- Possess an intermediate (CCNA certification, or equivalent
experience) level of experience troubleshooting IP network
- Domain knowledge of data protocols including TCP/IP, DMVPN,
BGP, OSPF, MPLS, EIGRP, HSRP, IS-IS, LDP, PIM, MSDP, and
- Strong customer interface skills supporting coordination of
both Telco providers and Harris field technician site access as
- Test, troubleshoot, and validate communication circuits per
IEEE, ITU, TIA, ISO and FTI specifications
- Collaborate closely with FTI Engineering team members to
resolve implementation and acceptance issues as needed.
- Responsible to execute a coordinated Maintenance Request (MR)
activity to support, Engineering changes per customer and program
- Responsible to execute services disconnects throughout the
establish Network / CPE per customer and program request via
establish program disconnect process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication
Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or
other related field and minimum 4 years of prior relevant
experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a
minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
- Highly motivated and capable of developing and following
detailed instructions and action plans.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with leading network vendors such as Cisco, Juniper,
- Experience with database modeling software such as
- Project management skills capable of adhering to deadlines and
completion of tasks per project schedule.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings and
- Support flexible work schedules if required including possible
rotations to 2nd or 3rd shift
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- MEF 2.0 certification and/or equivalent level experience
- CCNA Certification or equivalent work experience
Keywords: TCI Technology Consulting Inc, Melbourne , Network Planning Engineer 5422, Engineering , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!