Principal Software Configuration Analyst
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: February 14, 2019
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Software Configuration Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.The selected candidate will develop and implement software integration plans in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.Essential Functions:- Develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products.- Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.- Performs configuration control board tasks; collect and report CM metrics. Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development.- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use.- Develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of software configuration analyst experience. Additional years of experience will suffice if a candidate does not have a Bachelor's Degree. OR a Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of software configuration analyst experience
- At least 5 years' experience in Configuration Software
- At least 5 years of Experience with Agile software development
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance and the ability to maintain it throughout employment Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience as a professional software Configuration Manager with Operating System familiarity (Linux, Windows, AIX, Sun Solaris)
- Experience with Agile Software development framework such as Scrum Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye_Crucible, etc.)
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration tool, Mercurial distributed version control system, Maven and
- Experience with Ansible automation tool.
- Knowledge of software configuration management tools; the candidate should understand CM/Release Management best practices.
- Experience using software configuration management tools to manage baselines and support product release.
- Active, in scope DoD Secret or higher Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. - provided by Dice Aerospace, Agile, AIX, Analyst, Configuration Management, Database, Development, Hardware, HTTP, Jenkins, Linux, Manager, Management, Metrics, Modeling, Programming, Release, Scrum, Solaris, Sun, Version Control, Windows
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Melbourne , Principal Software Configuration Analyst, Education / Teaching , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!