Principal Contract Administrator
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: February 13, 2020
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact
people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.
Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human
discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people
who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join
forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity
and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable
drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not
only part of history, they're making history.Northrop Grumman
Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Contract
Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in
Melbourne, Florida.Essential Functions:
- Administers, extends, negotiates and terminates standard and
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract
administration, and customer contact activities to provide for
proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with
company policies, legal requirements, and customer
- Examines estimates of material, equipment services, production
costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure
accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares bids; processes specifications, progress, and other
reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations;
compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical
- Fundamental knowledge of the FAR and DFARs, general knowledge
of pre and post-award federal government contracting industry
practices, techniques, and standards. General application of
contract administration concepts, and principles.
- Experience with various contract types including cost plus,
fixed price and time and materials required.
- Experience with various types of agreements, including
Non-Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements required.
- Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately
complex contracts administration tasks, to include proposal
preparation, the development of change orders and processing of
inter-company work orders.
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of
moderate scope and complexity. Works under only very general
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and
- Demonstrated experience with highly effective verbal and
written communications and presentation communicationThe selected
candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high
expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team
settings across all levels.Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 6+ years of
Contract Administrator experience OR
- Master's Degree from an accredited university and 4+ year of
Contract Administrator experience OR
- 10+ years of Contract Administrator experience (in lieu of a
- P roficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, SAP, and Wide
Area Work Flow.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret
- An advanced degree in a relevant field (JD, MBA, etc.)
- Current active US Secret government security clearance
- Certificate in Contracts Management and/or NCMA
- Recent experience as a Contracts Professional in the defense
- Proficiency and experience supporting sole source and
- Strong knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and other U.S. Federal
Government contracting regulations.
- Aircraft Product Support experience
- Proficiency in SAP business applications
- Experience with multiple contract types
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman businesses, policies and
practicesNorthrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete
EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
positions.Job Category : Business Management20003667
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Melbourne , Principal Contract Administrator, Education / Teaching , Melbourne, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!