Administrative Assistant, ML2
Location: Cape Canaveral
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Requisition ID: 243380Requisition Posting End Date:
PROJECT OVERVIEW:The ML2 project involves the design and
construction of a launch platform for the National Aeronautics and
Space Administration (NASA). The purpose of ML2, located at Kennedy
Space Center (KSC), is to provide a launch platform for the Space
Launch System (SLS), an advanced launch vehicle that will fill
America's need for deep space missions. ML2 includes many different
subsystems that must operate and fit within the constraints of the
structure and provide a physical interface with KSC launch sites'
POSITION SUMMARY:Works independently to provide administrative and
secretarial support of a responsible and confidential nature to
help ensure the smooth functioning of a project team. Duties
require accuracy, judgment, a high degree of initiative,
discretion, diplomacy, and knowledge of protocol. Must anticipate
changing priorities and project needs.
- Maintain correspondence and related reference files as required
by project procedures.
- Review accuracy and format of outgoing documents.
- Review and distribute incoming hard copy and electronic mail.
Forward as appropriate to department leads and follow up to confirm
action has been taken.
- May be responsible for the handling and filing of confidential
- Schedule meetings using Outlook and reserve conference
- Order catering for meetings and confirm that after the meeting
the conference room is ready for the next meeting.
- Coordinate and organize meetings (on and off site), including
conference calls and video conferences, equipment, and catering.
This will include preparation and distribution of meeting notices,
agendas, information packets, and meeting minutes.
- Assist with planning and organizing social outings or project
functions for the project.
- Independently maintain a hard copy or electronic calendar for
the project team.
- Make travel arrangements for ground, air, and lodging for
project personnel, visitors, or customers.
- Complete travel expense reports using the Concur system.
- Arrange for Special Couriers (FedEx/UPS/DHL/etc.).
- Order and maintain office supplies. Prepare electronic expense
report for reimbursement.
- Provide timecard input or proxy for the project manager and/or
team, as required.
- Prepare and proofread standard forms, correspondence, and
- Assemble, copy, and distribute documentation packages.
- May coordinate project seating requirements.
- Work closely with IS&T to assure that employees have access
to computers and shared drives.
- Work closely with O&AS, IS&T, and HR to coordinate
employee services needs for on-boarding and off-boarding of
- Scan and enter documents into an electronic document management
system. Verify information is accurate and legible. Provide reports
of information contained within the electronic document management
- Adhere to all safety and security processes and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:Basic Qualifications:
- Must have the right to work and remain in the United States
without visa sponsorship.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- High school diploma and a minimum of 5 years office
administrative/secretarial experience. Experience must have been
obtained within the past 10 years.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate proficiency
using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. A skills
assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills,
including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proper use of syntax.
A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and work effectively with
all levels of internal and external customers.
- Extensive experience in all phases of administrative and
- Ability to coordinate manager-level meetings and adhere to
- Must be proactive, have above average organizational skills,
use individual initiative, and follow through on assignments until
- Must be able to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Must be able to work effectively in an extremely fast paced,
high energy environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to take on unexpected and/or
unanticipated assignments as needed.
- Must be able to demonstrate professionalism and be able to
interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to independently anticipate problems and changing
- Must be willing and able to work overtime with little or no
- A minimum of 3 years' experience arranging travel and
processing expense reports using an electronic system.
- Experience working for an Engineering, Procurement,
Construction (EPC) team and familiar with technical terms,
vocabulary, and engineering documents.
- The ability to extract, compile, and analyze non-technical and
semi-technical data for complex reports.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's organizational structure, functions, and
procedures is a plus.
- Experience working with electronic document management
Shaping tomorrow togetherBechtel is one of the most respected
global engineering, construction, and project management companies.
Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that
foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've
completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160
countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global
businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental;
Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built
on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to
our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and
integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what
we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.comBechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability,
citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran
status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law.In accordance with Bechtel's duty to
provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to
safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we
have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work
location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement.
Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which
protocols apply to the work location for the job you are
Keywords: Bechtel, Melbourne , Administrative Assistant, ML2, Administration, Clerical , Cape Canaveral, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!