Company: Church of Our Saviour
Location: Cocoa Beach
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Parish Secretary enhances administrative effectiveness by
providing clerical support to the ministry team in support of the
overall parish community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets and assists people who come to the office.
- Answers parish office telephone and directs calls
- Provides receptionist services for the parish office including
the recording of clear and accurate messages, and handling routine
questions regarding the parish.
- Handles parish office mail, e-mail, and phone messages, and
communicates information in a timely manner to appropriate
- Provides secretarial and clerical services to the pastor,
parish office and ministries as needed.
- Maintains calendars for the Pastor and office.
- Maintains Daily Mass Record book, schedules Masses and Mass
- Maintains the parish marriage records and files.
- Coordinates arrangements for parish funerals and burials.
Records funerals and burials in Parish Death Register. Maintains
cemetery records and orders marker engraving.
- Updates the Parish Data System recording new family
registrations, changes, marriages, and deaths.
- Maintains the parish's Facility Scheduler for events and
meetings held in parish buildings.
- Maintains the facilities key logbook and signs keys in and out
for facilities usage.
- Maintains the Tamper Evident Bag system for all parish monies
collections and bank deposits.
- Prepares staff meeting minutes and distributes same.
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas of responsibility as
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent. Ability to write, read and
interpret basic correspondence.
- Three years receptionist experience required including two
years database experience.
- Excellent telephone skills and ability to stay calm in
- Must have a pleasant telephone manner and excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including
Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Parish Data Systems software is a plus.
- Solid organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to
work independently and as part of a team.
- Requires an appreciation and respect for the Catholic Church
and its teachings.
- Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is
consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the
- Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or
laws of the Church or the policies of the diocese.
Keywords: Church of Our Saviour, Melbourne , Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Cocoa Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!