Company: Pediatrics In Brevard P A
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Pediatrics in Brevard is seeking outstanding and dynamic Medical
Assistants! Do you love kids? Do you love to have fun at work?We
think this is a great place to work because of the wonderful kids
we get to help everyday in our community, but to sweeten the deal
we also have a great benefits package that includes:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits offered
- Generous Paid Time Off and HolidaysJOB
DESCRIPTIONSummary/ObjectiveServes patients by greeting and helping
them; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSEssential functions, as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following
tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list that
follows is not intended as a comprehensive list, but rather to
provide a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all
duties listed, and may be required to perform additional,
Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting, in person or on the
telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment
room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of
patient's arrival; reminding provider of schedule delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties;
answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and
retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and
updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial
information; recording and collecting patient charges; filing,
collecting, and expediting insurance claims.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of
personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures;
reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
neededReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.SKILLS
- Knowledge of medical technology and terminology
- Knowledge of front office tasks and systems
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures
- Skilled in customer service
- Skilled in interpersonal, oral, and written communication
- Skilled in organization as demonstrated by the ability to
manage multiple tasks/deadlines
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with members
of different teamsPHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Walking, squatting, sitting, bending, reaching: 75%
- Standing: 25%
- Average lifting requirements: Lifting Requirements: 20-40 lbs.
Frequency of Lifting: 0-25% of the time.
- Additional physical demands: Ability to grasp with both hands;
pinch with thumb or forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach for
(above shoulder height).
- Ability to type 60 wpm.
- Ability to operate multi-line telephone system, computer
keyboard and ten-key adding machine.VISUAL, HEARING, AND MENTAL
- Vision adequate to perform essential functions such as read
telephone displays/computer terminals for long periods of time,
correctable to 20/20.
- Hearing adequate to perform essential functions such as
answering the telephone.
- Mental capacity adequate to perform essential functions such as
quickly and accurately entering patient demographics and scanning
documents while checking in multiple patients. Tact to deal with
unfriendly individuals regarding various situations, and adequately
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate degree and one (1) year healthcare experience,
- High school degree (or equivalent) and two (2) years healthcare
experienceCOVID-19 Considerations:To ensure the safety of patients
and staff we require employees to have the COVID-19 vaccine. Any
requests to be exempted from these requirements will be reviewed by
Human Resources and determined on a case-by-case basis under local
and federal regulations.OTHER DUTIESPlease note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy
of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its
recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage,
caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed,
disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial
status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital
status, military status, national origin, parental status,
partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics,
pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment
status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual
orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and
veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all
Keywords: Pediatrics In Brevard P A, Melbourne , Medical Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Rockledge, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!